Notes on MPIs become unreadable

Discussions for Greeter / Multi-Point Digital Inspection add-on for Manager SE
Qbasic8
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Notes on MPIs become unreadable

Post by Qbasic8 »

If leaving a note about something on the MPI and the text is say a full sentence, while viewing the MPI through Manager SE, the comment text will draw the text over itself making the entire note unreadable. If we leave a note any longer than a few words we have to put it on the "Comment" section under the first screen of the MPI. Is their a way to fix this as the sales person looks at our inspections through SE but can't read any notes we leave. By us putting all of our notes under the main section kind of defeats the purpose of having notes available for each sub-category.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Notes on MPIs become unreadable

Post by Silky7 »

Hello,

Do you think you can post a screenshot of this? We have fixed some of the spacing in those areas over the past year from earlier versions, and I am not currently seeing this with a multiple line note on a single inspection item.
M1 Product Manager
Qbasic8

Post by Qbasic8 »

I have included a picture showing this issue. I have also attached a picture showing the design of the MPI. This happens with only the "Edit Box" items. If the text is even longer than what is shown it will start overlapping itself making the entire field unreadable.

Example showing concern:
inspection.jpg
inspection.jpg (185.55 KiB) Viewed 5384 times
Showing design of inspection form:
Design.jpg
Design.jpg (85.47 KiB) Viewed 5384 times
Qbasic8

Post by Qbasic8 »

This shows one with a few more words. It appears that normal 'Green/Yellow/Red' comments get displayed seperataly but the 'Edit Box' text goes inline. My problem can be overcome by switching the slides to a 'Green/Yellow/Red' and adding a comment there, but still figured you guys would want to see this. Also, in the future are they going to add a 'Green/Red' or 'Good/Bad'? Some parts are either good or bad so no point of having an option for something in the middle.
inspection2.jpg
inspection2.jpg (105.24 KiB) Viewed 5384 times
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Ah, understood. As I suspected, you're running on an older version of Manager. We moved the item comments out of the inline box for this reason. They now currently appear at the end of the MPI printout.
M1 Product Manager
Qbasic8

Post by Qbasic8 »

What new version of Manager is this fixed on? We are running 8.1.4
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

My apologies! I was so focused on notes on items that I completely missed your updated comments about this being in the Edit Box data type. :oops:

I do see the problem now and will record it as an issue to address. Thank you for reporting and bearing with me!
M1 Product Manager

Return to “ProSpect”