TIP: Order With No Vehicle?

Tips Collected
DynaBMan
100 Club: Active Contributor

TIP: Order With No Vehicle?

Post by DynaBMan »

I tried doing a search, but was unable to find anything.

We do towing and storage for a government entity. These are seized vehicles that we have to store for extended periods of time. We bill this storage monthly, creating one invoice with several different categories of storage. I know we can go to the vehicle screen, select new, then immediately go to the order screen to create an order with no vehicle attached. However, if we go back to the customer screen, it automatically chooses a vehicle and no amount of choosing a new vehicle will remove it from the order. Is there a way that I have not discovered to create an order with no vehicle and have it remain so, no matter which screen we go into?
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR
artadot

Re: Order With No Vehicle?

Post by artadot »

We quite often need to invoice parts, etc without a vehicle. We put in the current year in the vehicle year and then "parts" as the make, in your case you could put storage as the vehicle make.
There are no mistakes only lessons to be learned. ~ Dot
DynaBMan

Re: Order With No Vehicle?

Post by DynaBMan »

artadot wrote:We quite often need to invoice parts, etc without a vehicle. We put in the current year in the vehicle year and then "parts" as the make, in your case you could put storage as the vehicle make.
I think I may use MONTHLY as the tag and STORAGE as the VIN.
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR

Return to “NEW >>> TIPS - Database / Settings”