TIP: Search By Vehicle?

Tips Collected
bgarbou

TIP: Search By Vehicle?

Post by bgarbou »

I am a newer Mitchell customer coming over from All Data. I used to love the ability to search by the vehicle instead of just by the customer name. At times I will draw a blank speaking to a long time customer but I will know all of their cars off the top of my head and it was always easy to look up customers by searching by the vehicle year make and model. Coming over to Mitchell it did not have the same search functionality. If this needs any clarification please let me know and I will be more than happy to do so. Some personal information has been removed from the picture.

If you look at the picture and I know off the top of my head that the customer drives a 2000 BMW 750IL I can easily pull up his name if I forgot what it is.
Attachments
Alldata Search by Vehicle.png
Alldata Search by Vehicle.png (251.92 KiB) Viewed 7753 times
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Re: Search by vehicle

Post by Pauls Automotive »

I don't know if this will help you but if you hit the F4 key you will enter History Record. Hit the vehicle tab and you can search any year, make and model in the database and also look for keywords. So if you knew you did and A/C compressor on a 2000 BMW 320i it should pull up that customer's lasy invoice and from there you get all the infor you want. I hope that helps.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Search By Vehicle

Post by timbre4 »

As Paul said, Utilities - Find History Record (F4 key) is a fast way to look at past vehicles and more. Using the Word Search field (transmission, radiator, axle, etc.) with a full or partial YMM lets you zero in on all kinds of work too.
F4.png
F4.png (24.81 KiB) Viewed 7744 times
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
motley06
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Re: Search By Vehicle?

Post by motley06 »

Yes, using the f4 feature is handy for exactly what you describe. I do it all the time. You can even search just by make, you don't even have to enter a year or model. Super handy

Return to “NEW >>> TIPS - Database / Settings”