TIP: Time In Field Is Blank?

Tips Collected
dfeiker

TIP: Time In Field Is Blank?

Post by dfeiker »

Looking at the WIP screen many vehicles do not have a "time in" listed, but others do (just changed over from 5.9). When I right click on a customer in the WIP screen, there is an area to add one, but it is locked. I would just like to know if there is a setting I may have changed to make the time in not show up, or if its a bug like the PO timestamp.

Loved the Minneapolis, MN shop management workshop, and am putting that knowlege to good use! We have just upgraded to SE and I LOVE it! My job has become so much easier knowing all that this program can do.

Thanks in advance for any info...

Dave Feiker
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Time in field blank

Post by timbre4 »

Glad you enjoyed the workshop as we did, welcome to the forum and thanks for your question!

The Time In field is typically populated when Estimate is converted to Repair Order.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
dfeiker

Re: Time In Field Is Blank?

Post by dfeiker »

I just converted an EST to an RO and the time in did show up. However if I skip the estimate step it seems it doesn't log a time in, however this is useful information to have. I have several other repair orders open without a time in logged. I am guessing I started with a RO as the estimate step was not necessary. Is that by design?
dfeiker

Post by dfeiker »

Figured it out, RO's must be approved to show a time in stamp. So the question is, is there a quick way to make it approved, as we dont need a signed copy to begin work. A button I am missing perhaps, rather than print RO then cancelling the print?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

There you go, approved is what I left out. Because no convert EST to RO took place, it didn't have a trigger.

Go to Setup, Shop Data Setup - Screen View tab; check the box that says 'Mark All Orders as Printed/Approved'. That will handle it for you.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “NEW >>> TIPS - Database / Settings”