TIP: Duplex Printing?

SBaugh

TIP: Duplex Printing?

Post by SBaugh »

Is there a way I can edit the print properties with an individual job?
Occassionally, I have invoices large enough to require two pages. I would like to have these print double sided. In other programs (word, excel, internet) I can change the print properties after I hit the print button, but if I select print in manager (I print to screen first then print to printer) there is no button to change properties for that individual print. Is is possible?

PS I can set my printer to print duplex automatically, but if I print more than one copy, it prints both copies on one page and it prints my reports duplex, which is ok for some but critical for inidividual prints on others.
Thanks for your help....so far this forum has helped me tremendously.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Duplex printing

Post by ricmorin »

SBaugh wrote:Is there a way I can edit the print properties with an individual job?
Occassionally, I have invoices large enough to require two pages. I would like to have these print double sided. In other programs (word, excel, internet) I can change the print properties after I hit the print button, but if I select print in manager (I print to screen first then print to printer) there is no button to change properties for that individual print. Is is possible?

PS I can set my printer to print duplex automatically, but if I print more than one copy, it prints both copies on one page and it prints my reports duplex, which is ok for some but critical for inidividual prints on others.
Thanks for your help....so far this forum has helped me tremendously.
I'm sure there is more than one way to do this, but this is how I do it....

I use PDF factory for almost all my prints. PDF factory prints to screen, which at that time gives me the opportunity to choose any one of my printers on the fly. I also have access to the tab for duplex printing and tray selection, so I have on-the-fly access to all of these functions. This all occurs after I have a preview of the print.

In short I can send any print, anywhere, with any function anytime. :shock:
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
SBaugh

Re: Duplex printing

Post by SBaugh »

Thanks for the idea. I tried it and it works gangbusters. Appreciate the help. Have a good 4th!
- Sherrie

Return to “NEW >>> TIPS - Reports / Printing”