TIP: Marking Followup As Printed

DARRAH
25 Club: Starting Contributor

TIP: Marking Followup As Printed

Post by DARRAH »

Is there a way to mark followups as printed without actually printing them? I used to print labels so I could go back into the customer/vehicle record one at a time to make followup calls on recommendations...then someone showed me the "Recommendations that have had followup contact" report add-on....

I'd like to mark/clear followup dates as needed to continue to generate this report without having to always see the list grow larger & larger, even though I'd only be concentrating on a a particular date range.

Am I making ANY sense?

DARRAH
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Marking Followup As Printed

Post by timbre4 »

Yes, be sure Print to Screen is enabled. When you close the preview, you'll see 'Mark Followup Recommendations as Printed?' message. When you answer Yes, those records (recommendations) will no longer be part of the list you potentially filter by date range. When you use Clear Followup Date, that Recommendation gets tossed back in the hopper to be sent...

That's why the custom report comes in handy, allowing you to see what could not be previously seen.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
DARRAH

Post by DARRAH »

Tim,
That was the tip I needed to hear, Thanks!

Yes - this has quickly become our FAVORITE custom report...is making our followup marketing very exciting, and immediately began showing results. It's scary to realize how much money is left "on the table" because we sometimes neglect to make a simple phone call...

DARRAH
John C.
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by John C. »

DARRAH wrote:Yes - this has quickly become our FAVORITE custom report...is making our followup marketing very exciting, and immediately began showing results. It's scary to realize how much money is left "on the table" because we sometimes neglect to make a simple phone call...

DARRAH
One of the reasons we chose this product! :D
John C.
DARRAH

Post by DARRAH »

Ok...it's working well to mark the appropriate recommendations as printed so I can print my report. Is there a simple way to clear all the followups in my database, or do I have to remember to clear them one at a time as I make the phone call?

DARRAH
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

No global method; mark your report up as you go and then lookup all cust/vehicle records when session is completed.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “NEW >>> TIPS - Reports / Printing”