TIP: Include Common Specs?

JTHARRISAUTO

TIP: Include Common Specs?

Post by JTHARRISAUTO »

WOULD BE NICE WHEN YOU PRINT A TECH WORK SHEET IT WILL PRINT SOME VEHICLE SPECS ON THE TICKET LIKE WHEEL TORQUE SPECS, OIL AND TRANSMISSION FLUID TYPE AND OIL CAPACITY.

WOULD MAKE TECHS JOBS A LITTLE FASTER.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Specs On Tech Worksheet?

Post by ricmorin »

JTHARRISAUTO wrote:WOULD BE NICE WHEN YOU PRINT A TECH WORK SHEET IT WILL PRINT SOME VEHICLE SPECS ON THE TICKET LIKE WHEEL TORQUE SPECS, OIL AND TRANSMISSION FLUID TYPE AND OIL CAPACITY. WOULD MAKE TECHS JOBS A LITTLE FASTER.
When we have to look up recurring specs like that, we put them in the vehicle memo for the next time. Also, you can 'transfer' a link from OD5 to the order for the tech to click on and it will bring them right to the spot you want. We use it for our canned job oil changes when there is a reset procedure.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

For that matter couldn't you use a sub estimate? I also work on some big trucks that use chassis #'s as well as construction equipment so i created a sub estimate with every bit of information i need on it and add as i go. All i do is open and print, staple it to the tech sheet and off we go. I also list filters and all other quick ref issues along with the searches i used to find parts and the shipping results. The speed of delivery is important to me and i make note of it so i can plan around it. In my elder years i have "moments" and need written reminders of past conquests or failures, :lol: :lol:
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

We add tire pressure, wheel torque, drain plug torque and a few other items in the vehicle memo. Prints on tech worksheet so we don't have to look them up again.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “NEW >>> TIPS - Reports / Printing”