TIP: Print Two, One For Customer Signature?

CLAYCOMBSTIRE

TIP: Print Two, One For Customer Signature?

Post by CLAYCOMBSTIRE »

I was wondering if shops were prinning out 2 invoices one for customer and one for customer to sign and keep on file. I have not had problems, but just in case. Or is there a way that they can electronicly sign invoices and kept in system.
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar

Re: customer signature

Post by Pauls Automotive »

I do print two and retain one with the customer signature for myself. I've have wondered about electronic signing myself just never got around to asking.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Print Two, One For Customer Signature?

Post by ricmorin »

We print 2 Invoices and have the customer sign one for us to keep.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by nickscarcare »

I do two, have the customer sign one, and I keep that one. The lawyer said that way with my disclaimer on the bottom, they are basically acknowledging that they read it whether they did or not! Remember to read the fine print! This also helps for retorque of wheels, I tell them about it, print it on the work order, that way if they come back with a wheel that fell off I can tell them they signed acknowledging they read it. Too many people are sue happy these days.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
fortknoxx
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Post by fortknoxx »

I print 2 copies. I am the only one who gets the customers signature. I take the invoiced from the day fold in half, print out cash rcpts by payment type. staple them to the back if it. fold it over. put in a stack. at the end of the month I rubber band them together with a note " feb 2011". then put in drawer with the rest. Makes for easy review in many diff situations.
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell
CLAYCOMBSTIRE

Post by CLAYCOMBSTIRE »

nickscarcare wrote:I do two, have the customer sign one, and I keep that one. The lawyer said that way with my disclaimer on the bottom, they are basically acknowledging that they read it whether they did or not! Remember to read the fine print! This also helps for retorque of wheels, I tell them about it, print it on the work order, that way if they come back with a wheel that fell off I can tell them they signed acknowledging they read it. Too many people are sue happy these days.

How is the wording in your disclaimer for re-torque lug nuts?
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

This is how my note reads, I have it pre printed in notes under the drop down and tell the customer about it. -------"Re-torque lug nuts after first 100 miles of driving. Stop back and we'll do it free! Failure to stop back removes shop from liabilities and damages if wheel falls off or comes loose." ---------Sure their are ways around it, but by signing they are acknowledging they were told about it.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
John C.
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by John C. »

nickscarcare wrote:This is how my note reads, I have it pre printed in notes under the drop down and tell the customer about it. -------"Re-torque lug nuts after first 100 miles of driving. Stop back and we'll do it free! Failure to stop back removes shop from liabilities and damages if wheel falls off or comes loose." ---------Sure their are ways around it, but by signing they are acknowledging they were told about it.
Okay, I'm pulling a major hi-jack here.

What is the percentage of customers who come back for the re-torque?

Do you tell them to just stop by or call and make an appointment?

Does anyone else do this?

Thanks.
John C.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

We don't have any such disclaimers. I torque wheels with a click-type torque wrench calibrated anually. I have had no problems with loosening.
603-622-6434 x203

Pauls Automotive

Post by Pauls Automotive »

We used the torque sticks. I used an actaul torque stick on certain cars if I'm have rotors warp from some unknown reason. I've never had one come back with a loose wheel.......God I never should have said anything because tomorrow everyone and their bother will come a knocking. :roll:
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

I use a precision torque wrench and keep it calibrated. It is just there to protect me, only had a few actually come back and never a loose lug nut, and they can just stop back at any time for the retorque. Then I go in and put a note on their account on what day they stopped back for retorque, that way its noted. Its just like the "caution hot" on your McD's coffee, its there to protect them!

507-345-6425
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

In defense of the re-torque disclaimer, there are some manufacturers that state you should do this. I only discovered it when doing some research on this subject yesterday. My Ford dually has those flat style nuts that are torqued to 150 and it says right in the procedure to retorque after a certain mileage. Vehicles that utilize the cone style seem to be less likely to have this clause in the procedure. Hmmmm. I may be adding some disclaimers/recommendations soon. :roll:
603-622-6434 x203

John C.

Post by John C. »

ricmorin wrote:In defense of the re-torque disclaimer, there are some manufacturers that state you should do this. I only discovered it when doing some research on this subject yesterday. My Ford dually has those flat style nuts that are torqued to 150 and it says right in the procedure to retorque after a certain mileage. Vehicles that utilize the cone style seem to be less likely to have this clause in the procedure. Hmmmm. I may be adding some disclaimers/recommendations soon. :roll:
Same here, I did my own research after it cost us a big towing bill a few weeks ago, so you can see why I asked the questions. The guys swear there is no way lug nuts can come loose after 1,500 miles of driving, and didn't want me to send the customer a check. But, being how I'm the sole financier of our little popsicle stand, I have final say in all financial matters. Customer may be a bit of a PITA, but he is on the first page of our "Customer by Sales" report - nuff said.

By the way, we use torque sticks.
John C.
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

well, since this has changed i'll add my 2 cents in. i've had to eat wheels before on a truck. luckily they were inexpensive. a tip on ford wheels, we use a disc gasket grinder to clean the inner circle and hub surface. as we all know they sit particularly tight. i work on quite a few and purchased the wheel puller. i tell the driver and owner that they needs to be re torque. i've found that if the wheels are cleaned thoroughly they will not need to be re torqued.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
tferraro
25 Club: Starting Contributor
Location: Conway's Car Care 32009 Fort Rd, Rockwood, MI 48173

Post by tferraro »

We also print 2 copies of the invoice, customer receives one and we keep one for our files.

Return to “NEW >>> TIPS - Reports / Printing”