TIP: Alpha Cust List w/Addresses in Date Range?

dkringlen

TIP: Alpha Cust List w/Addresses in Date Range?

Post by dkringlen »

Help! I am trying to do a mailout and a couple calls to tech support have been unable to get me the report that I need so I'm thinking I may not be able to get it, but the trainers, Tim and...John, right? (sorry, bad with names)... at the St. Louis Shopkey workshop said that you folks on here are pretty innovative and knowledgeable so I thought I'd see if someone might have a solution for me.

We are doing a mailout with a 3rd party, so I need to export the data to an excel or similar file. We want to send this mailer only to customers who have been in since the beginning of 2011 (minus several hand-picked removals, which I planned to remove manually from the exported file if I can get the exported data I need).

The closest I've been able to come is by going to follow up reports and double clicking one to get the followup options (I've been using "thank you" report, but they all get the same options screen, right?), selecting my desired date range under history, clicking search, then print. When I got the printing options, I chose labels and when it generated the document I saved it as an excel file. In excel, the document is not opening with all address information in a row and all last names in a column, zip codes in a column, etc.; it is opening in a weird format where they actually look like labels in excel, which will be difficult for our 3rd party to use and is making it almost impossible for me to delete the customers I need to remove manually from the list. Also, they are in zip code order and I cannot sort them to alphabetical since they are in a such a weird format.

Choosing "customer list" instead of "address labels" generates a document with a bunch of extra information that I don't need.

Anyone have any ideas for me??? Please???
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Alpha Cust List w/Addresses in Date Range?

Post by timbre4 »

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your question. You got the names right. :)

Tech support should have mentioned the Export to Excel option, which allows you to grab pretty much what you want in the database.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
dkringlen

Post by dkringlen »

Okay, nevermind - one last ditch call to tech support was able to solve my problem. Thanks to Rick at tech support who told me to select the data only excel export format which gave me a normal format to work with! Glad I called one more time!
dkringlen

Post by dkringlen »

Oh, just saw your post, Tim. Thank you! They did mention the export to excel in one of the previous calls but Rick that I just mentioned was the first to tell me to select the data only option which is what I needed. Thanks again!!!

Return to “NEW >>> TIPS - Reports / Printing”