TIP: Search for RO containing Part No.?

Tips Collected
theguyatthedesk

TIP: Search for RO containing Part No.?

Post by theguyatthedesk »

So, I missed entry of a couple vendor invoices. I've got way better things to do with my time than use a buyers guide, and search through every single invoice matching a specific vehicle. Is there a way to search through ROs containing a certain Part No.? Something like entering a part no., and it pulls invoices/ROs that contain that part? It seems like once or twice a month I have to spend a few hours searching old ROs trying to find what vehicle we installed something on. Any ideas?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Search for RO containing Part No.?

Post by ricmorin »

Welcome to the Forum.

Yes you can. There is a report called Part Number Search under the Management tab. This report can search for a whole or partial number and/or description. You can also date range the report. The result will not only show every instance of the part in the date range, but also includes the invoice number associated with each instance. I think it may be exactly what you need.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
theguyatthedesk

Tech support told me there is no such function :( Seems to me this would be a largely used function, and wouldn't be hidden behind so many walls. I guess while I have you here, is there a way to see if an RO has been posted as an invoice? I know how to remove old ROs, but I don't want to remove something that should be an invoice that needs to be posted.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

The Part # Search report allows users to use full or partial part #s and/or descriptions and returns all pertinent data regarding invoice, customer and vehicle. Did you look at it?
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
theguyatthedesk

timbre4 wrote:The Part # Search report allows users to use full or partial part #s and/or descriptions and returns all pertinent data regarding invoice, customer and vehicle. Did you look at it?
Yep. Just got it squared away. My last post has another Q in it, if you might be able to help there?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

The R.O. is converted to an Invoice and the # remains the same; it cannot exist as both simultaneously.
Tim McDonnell -
theguyatthedesk

timbre4 wrote:The R.O. is converted to an Invoice and the # remains the same; it cannot exist as both simultaneously.
I know. Sometimes we don't get parts invoices entered before closing the RO out, and we have to un-post it. Sometimes we get a wee bit lazy, and don't repost the RO when we are done entering parts invoices. I'm going through doing a bit of spring cleaning, and I'm afraid I'll remove something that needs to be posted.
dtstire
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by dtstire »

The Part Number Search report only shows results from Posted Invoices. I'd be interested in a way to perform a Part Number Search on Repair Orders and Estimates. Any ideas?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

dtstire wrote:The Part Number Search report only shows results from Posted Invoices. I'd be interested in a way to perform a Part Number Search on Repair Orders and Estimates. Any ideas?
If your parts were ordered electronically (or manually by Pick List process) you can click on the P.O.s icon up top, it's defaulted to Open P.O.s. Click Search at the bottom of that P.O. list window and enter the P/N in the Part No. field. Make sure to set a reasonable date range:
PO search.png
PO search.png (16.33 KiB) Viewed 11051 times
Tim McDonnell -

Return to “NEW >>> TIPS - Parts + Ordering”