Time Manager - Manager SE 8.4 Release

Discussion area for the new Time Manager including Job Clock and Shift Clock
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Time Manager - Manager SE 8.4 Release

Post by timbre4 »

This will be the area to discuss the NEW Time Manager features.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
smittylube

Re: Time Manager - Manager SE 8.4 Release

Post by smittylube »

Good Stuff!
I was able to setup the time card.
Note for others using tablets and MPI's
MPI tablet is already using port 9000, I was unable to see the login/ timecard with my phone, only when I used the same tablet was I able to view the time card.
Is another port usable or any options for the phone separate if the MPI is using 9000?
Any suggestions would be welcomed here.

Logging time for a job, First it needs to be a repair order and not an estimate to show up in the time card ( as well as assigned to the tech). I am able to get the rO and jobs to show up for the time card, log time as shift and or job, but the job actual time doesn't show in the RO. It is available in the time clock setup.
Steve Smith
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

Hi Smittylube, any device that is connected to the shops network/WiFi should be able to connect to Time Manager and clock jobs. Being connected to the same network/WiFi as your Host machine is crucial for Time Manager to function.

If you're having issues connecting the phone for access to the Time Manager please give us a call in tech support and we can assist with troubleshooting the connection. 888-724-6742

Both Prospect and Time Manager are using the same port, 9000, for communication of these services.
M1 Product Manager
smittylube

Post by smittylube »

Will call to get phone working also.

Another note, there is a check mark to the right of the specific job clock once this gets selected the time transfers to the RO labor item! very nice!
Steve Smith
smittylube

Post by smittylube »

You nailed it. For some reason my phone connected to the printer not the wifi of the program.

Golden now. Thanks
Steve Smith
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

smittylube wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:04 pm
Will call to get phone working also.

Another note, there is a check mark to the right of the specific job clock once this gets selected the time transfers to the RO labor item! very nice!
Be aware that once this box is checked, it cannot be undone and no further punches can be added. It is final.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
smittylube

Post by smittylube »

Thanks for the heads up
Steve Smith
compasstruck

Post by compasstruck »

Mine worked for the first day - it was great and I was looking forward to using it to the full... now it is not working and says "no valid url found". I did call tech support and didn't get to far, not their fault, I also have an IT guy on our side that I have to work with. I guess before I call them back wanted to see if anyone here had a quick fix. Any clues??? Also confirmed that it has nothing to do with antivirus. Thanks in advance!
timeclock.jpg
timeclock.jpg (33.28 KiB) Viewed 6898 times
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

compasstruck wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:59 am
Mine worked for the first day - it was great and I was looking forward to using it to the full... now it is not working and says "no valid url found". I did call tech support and didn't get to far, not their fault, I also have an IT guy on our side that I have to work with. I guess before I call them back wanted to see if anyone here had a quick fix. Any clues??? Also confirmed that it has nothing to do with antivirus. Thanks in advance!timeclock.jpg
Hello Compasstruck,

This could be a few different things, the first thing to try is to close out of the Time Clock Setup and re-launch the page. If that doesn't work, a reboot of the computer may be needed. If there are continuing issues please give me a PM.
M1 Product Manager
nessauto
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by nessauto »

It looks like it should work great. The information is currently not correct in it. They have a issue with it and they're currently working on a solution. It duplicates the jobs. So say a tech puts on a set of tires, and the labor line pays him 1 hour and he punches in on the job for 1.5. It duplicates that labor line 2-3 times. There's also a few other what I would call Minor issues. Hopefully they get this correct soon.
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

nessauto wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:35 pm
It looks like it should work great. The information is currently not correct in it. They have a issue with it and they're currently working on a solution. It duplicates the jobs. So say a tech puts on a set of tires, and the labor line pays him 1 hour and he punches in on the job for 1.5. It duplicates that labor line 2-3 times. There's also a few other what I would call Minor issues. Hopefully they get this correct soon.
Hello nessauto,

Yes this is a display issue when you start a job then pause it multiple times prior to posting the order. The good thing about it just being a display issue, all the reports like the Tech Recorded Hours and Tech Productivity reports are still displaying the correct information. This issue has been brought up to our development time and should be corrected in a future update. Thank you.
M1 Product Manager
nessauto

Post by nessauto »

It appears at first anyway you are correct. We wanted to use the clock each day to double check techs punches. So to double check we'll have to export it to a report....then check....if adjustments need to be made close the report and recheck...then do it again.. Seems like alot of work...but we'll have to look at it. After further looking into this...yes you are partially correct. While it doesn't export the second and third labor lines into the sheet....it does take into account their numbers when calculating the technicians efficiancy. So you really can't count on that efficiency number being correct.
nessauto

Post by nessauto »

Does the timeclock portal for the techs not put any information into Mitchel until the technician marks it complete? If a tech forgets to punch out on a labor line how do you go in and correct it without waiting until it's posted?
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

nessauto wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:43 am
Does the timeclock portal for the techs not put any information into Mitchel until the technician marks it complete? If a tech forgets to punch out on a labor line how do you go in and correct it without waiting until it's posted?
The Actual hours will update on labor items when the tech marks the labor item as completed or when the order is posted.
M1 Product Manager
nessauto

Post by nessauto »

The Actual hours will update on labor items when the tech marks the labor item as completed or when the order is posted.
So if you have a job on the first day and the tech stays punched in on it they need to make a note and wait till the labor opp is completed....then go back in and edit it days later?
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

That's correct. If the labor items is not marked as completed prior to the order being posted out it may require adjustment days later.

For the Job clock to be accurate it does require your techs to mark the labor items complete at the time of completion.
M1 Product Manager
smittylube

Post by smittylube »

Excellent update guys - Thanks.

I would like to suggest or get suggestions on a scenario please.

Say one RO has 3 jobs - tire rotation .25, oil change .5, brake fluid flush 1.0
Tech works on all 3 at the same time say 1 hr total. if he is clocked in the job clock for all 3 at the same time, he currently logs 3 hrs.

I suggest one option being all jobs for said RO (as the individual job option maybe?). Or did I miss that option somewhere?

Many jobs are multiple jobs at once, taking time to clock in and out on each separate job may not be practical in many instances.

I believe we need this to be easy for the techs to implement to get good results.

Thanks everyone.
Steve Smith
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

Hello Smittylube, thank you for the feedback on the new Time Manager feature. I will definitely take this back to the team.

With the current version of Time Manger it does combine the jobs in the way you've described below, our current release is a clock in and out of each labor item as they are completed.
M1 Product Manager
nessauto

Post by nessauto »

We downloaded 8.4 and realized all the issues with the timeclock. Any idea when the update with all the fixes is due to be released?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

We are working on the issues noted right now; the anticipated Followup release is a few weeks away.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Time Manager”