Time Manager - Shift/Job Clock on Test Drive?

Discussion area for the new Time Manager including Job Clock and Shift Clock
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Time Manager - Shift/Job Clock on Test Drive?

Post by timbre4 »

Interesting question popped up this morning from one of our veteran reps regarding Time Manager during a test drive (part of the labor operation). It was presented to me that the shop he was visiting today says it stops working when the technician is out of range of the shop's network (LAN). Time Manager communicates with mobile devices using the shop's same wi-fi service as the Manager SE host PC.

Tested this myself just now and I wanted to share my results that confirm that both the Shift Clock (if applicable) and Job Clock keep running; it is the DISPLAY on the mobile device that is interrupted because it's too far away from the shop's network (LAN wi-fi source). When I returned to my office and RELOADED the browser page (using swirl icon on right of URL address bar) it all came back into view with the Shift Clock + Job Clock still running.

In summary, when the technician takes a vehicle on a test drive (part of clocked labor time), the DISPLAY will be temporarily unavailable.
Once the tech returns to shop wi-fi and reloads his browser screen, the display of their clocks returns, still in progress.
TM123.png
TM123.png (153.38 KiB) Viewed 2544 times
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Time Manager”