Import Time

Discussion area for the new Time Manager including Job Clock and Shift Clock
ShopManTim
100 Club: Active Contributor

Import Time

Post by ShopManTim »

How do I export the technician's time to the RO? Say a tech worked on Joe's car for 1.45 hrs. Is there a way I can export that info to the R?O without manually having to do so?
Enjoying Life as Our Maker Designed - Wrenching to pay the bills
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Import Time

Post by Silky7 »

I'm not sure I completely understand the question. If the technician is logging into the Time Manager job clock and ultimately marking items complete, the line on the RO is updated to match. *Edited for clarity* The Actual Hours value is what is updated.
M1 Product Manager
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

Apparently there is a setting I have missed because, ok, I just completed a job taking .49 hr. I had hoped (as an experiment) that when I mark the job as completed it would update the actual time on the RO in the WIP screen but it did not.
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

It does update the Actual Hours on the line item in the RO once completed. There is no special setting for that. You mention the time on the RO in the WIP - there is no such thing. This leads me to wonder if you're referring to the Charged Hours? That is not something the Time Clock will ever modify.

The value changed by the time clock entry so we're on the same page:
ActualHours.png
ActualHours.png (45.72 KiB) Viewed 3377 times
You can see I didn't allow the clock to run very long in this case. :)
M1 Product Manager
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

SO what you are saying then is that I need to take the actual hours and put it up in the charged hours? It appears that this step is what I am missing. I had somehow naively assumed that the time clock would automatically place the actual hours in the charged hours. If that is the case, then moving forward I need to pay attention.

Thanks for the explanation!
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

ShopManTim wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:26 am
SO what you are saying then is that I need to take the actual hours and put it up in the charged hours? It appears that this step is what I am missing. I had somehow naively assumed that the time clock would automatically place the actual hours in the charged hours. If that is the case, then moving forward I need to pay attention.

Thanks for the explanation!
Understood. Glad it's clarified now. For the record - we'd never change the charged time based on technician time. First, it's not legal to deviate from the estimate in several states in the event a technician takes longer than expected. Second, it's not a good business practice to reduce the charged time just because you might have a rockstar technician completing everything ahead of book time.
M1 Product Manager

Return to “Time Manager”