2007 Cadillac DTS - No Radio, Chimes, Etc

Specific repair issues for all GM cars + FWD vans
Holly
25 Club: Starting Contributor

2007 Cadillac DTS - No Radio, Chimes, Etc

Post by Holly »

Customer complained of radio going out first. Then no chimes for door locks, etc. No warning noises at all inside vehicle. Shut car off, then wouldn't restart, just clicked. Charged battery, started. Still no chimes, etc. Ran scan with monitor and codes did not come up on Mitchell anywhere.
B1000
B2645
B320a
V0155
B2555
V0140
V0184
B1325

Alternator test okay. Any ideas?
fortknoxx
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Re: 2007 Cad DTS - No Radio, Chimes, Etc

Post by fortknoxx »

few things to think of. Floor car? check for moisture on any harnesses leading to modules.

also have you tried to clear the codes to see which ones pop up first?
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Not sure where you were looking, they are indeed all listed under Quick Lookups - DTC Codes Index. Search listed B1000 in three categories.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

from what i'm reading and have experienced, it seems that there is a charging system issue here. when the battery runs low all sorts of systems will crash and throw codes. charge battery, check charging system. look for spikes. i'll use a multi meter with the bar graph across the bottom. it will show any jumps. a good voltage meter will show a jump as well but it's only a quick one so you have to watch for it. if you need to replace the alternator charge every penny for it. it's a bear. on a limb here if the battery is original or more than three years old replace it. make sure the battery is the correct one. i've seen these systems trashed by incorrect batteries being installed. these batteries need to be correct. i've even seen so called after market ones that are so called specific for this car be incorrect. spec out the amp requirements from the manufacturer and use only that. i usually order them from interstates as needed. do not use the secondary listing. speaking for myself i will not use aaa batteries and will remove them if there is any electrical issues, not being disrespectful of aaa shops, i just have seen way to many "this will fit" batteries installed as well as more than a few towed in because the cable had been crossed. my hat goes off to these men or women that will go out on a phone call in any conditions to tow, jump start, bring gas, change a flat, etc, but 10 below in a blizzard installing a battery? are you guy's nuts? especially with today's cars. on some you need to light a prayer candle, have a witch dr, dip it into the river jordan, have al sharpton speak on it's behalf, let obama convince it it will be fine, then and maybe then all will go o.k. i've had top of the line luxury cars in the shop for battery replacement, plugged in my top of the line memory saver, attached the new battery (and i always install positive first and then negative) and promptly blown 5 or 6 fuses. i guess the amp up causes a heavy pull on some of these. what i do now is attach jumper cables onto the jump points under the hood. all is good then.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Holly wrote:Customer complained of radio going out first. Then no chimes for door locks, etc. No warning noises at all inside vehicle. Shut car off, then wouldn't restart, just clicked. Charged battery, started. Still no chimes, etc. Ran scan with monitor and codes did not come up on Mitchell anywhere.
B1000
B2645
B320a
V0155
B2555
V0140
V0184
B1325

Alternator test okay. Any ideas?
When faced with multiple codes like this, I usually get descriptions first and start painting a picture. Then I clear them and see which return. Here's the picture so far.....

B2645 and B1325 are voltage codes. A low battery can cause this. I wouldn't worry about these since a low battery is known to have existed.

B320A is a calibration code. Loss of voltage can cause a module to lose calibration. Again, no worries there.

The two U codes are communication issues with the BCM and PCM. That may be worth pursuing. You didn't say which module the B1000 came out of. That may be serious if it returns. That's an internal error that would likely require a replacement module. B2555 is a error with interior lights which is controlled by the BCM. Are the interior lights working?

As usual, powers and grounds checks on the affected modules are a given. I'd also check the communication lines as well. A failed radio could short the comm buss and affect many modules. I'll often go to the buss splice pack and take one module off at a time.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “GM Cars”