1997 Olds 88 - Blend Door

Specific repair issues for all GM cars + FWD vans
rodneyy67

1997 Olds 88 - Blend Door

Post by rodneyy67 »

When trying to adjust from to defrost to vents or floor only stays on bi level. cannot not find anything in Mitchell for blend door operation except for temperature. I see in wiring diagram blower resisitor is in same circuit but don't see it going to a blend door controls.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 1997 Olds 88 - Blend Door

Post by steven kiser »

Just so we are clear on this one. There are two different systems in this car. One is a single blend door system the other is dual. The dual is a bit more complicated than the single but the diagnostics are pretty much the same and you need a scanner. Pretty much is anything having to do with heat or a/c fails in this car it will throw the climate system into limp. I think this is where you may be. Scan it out and see what you have for codes. If the refrigerant is low it will go into limp. Good luck trying to explain to a customer that you have to repair the a/c system so they can use the climate system as designed. I've had a few where the battery was dead for so long (sno birds) the kam would die and I would have to use my tech 2 to bring things back. Be thankful this isn't an Aurora.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
rodneyy67

Re: 1997 Olds 88 - Blend Door

Post by rodneyy67 »

thanks for the input. found faulty control unit in dashed, replaced , problem corrected

Return to “GM Cars”