2011 Chev Cruze - Lights Out, Codes, Etc

Specific repair issues for all GM cars + FWD vans
KGA
100 Club: Active Contributor

2011 Chev Cruze - Lights Out, Codes, Etc

Post by KGA »

1G1PG5S90B7220857 2011 Cruze 1.4L Sedan.
Came in for an oil change, we noticed the left rear brake light was out. The tech started removing the left rear taillight assembly and noticed that the right lights went out. Now we have no rear lights (high mount brake light works) we can not get the key out of the ignition and the vehicle will not shift out of park. It has set 3 codes for the BCM. We are tracing wiring and testing wires. Has anyone ever came across anything like this before? :?:
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2011 Cruze

Post by steven kiser »

I would look for a blown fuse. I think the tech may have removed the lens with the lights on and shorted something. Everything you described especially the shift interlock made me think blown fuse. When I get a few minutes I'll look it up and check the power distribution system. I know on Mercedes and a few Audi's that this will happen. I was working on a Mercedes and disconnected the negative cable after accidentally leaving the key on. I stopped counting blown fuses after 10. Try fuses 3 and 23 in the fuse block located left side lower dash panel.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
KGA

Re: 2011 Chev Cruze - Lights Out, Codes, Etc

Post by KGA »

Thanks for your help Steve. Ended up that the BCM wasnt working properly. Found a good used one got it installed. Just waiting for our programmer guy to show up to program the BCM with this vehicle and she'll be ready to go home finally.

Return to “GM Cars”