1998 Chevy G1500 - No Start FIXED

Specific repair issues for all GM cars + FWD vans
jimmy2ii

1998 Chevy G1500 - No Start FIXED

Post by jimmy2ii »

This one has me baffled. It cam in no start with no spark and a crank sensor code. We found the crank sensor wires melted to the exhaust manifold. We repaired the wires and replaced the sensor. We now have fire to the plugs but still wont start. We pulled the plugs and dried all the fuel from the cylinders. When you spin the motor it doesn't even try to start but when you release the key it sounds as if it wants to diesel. I also have replaced the ignition module and pickup in the distributor. Anyone have any ideas. Also no codes now.
Jeff @ Able Auto
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Re: 1998 Chevy G1500 no start

Post by Jeff @ Able Auto »

I have had rotor buttons cause this. Would jump a spark at the plug with the wire off but would not fire under compression. If you take the rotor out look close in the bottom where it sets down on the dist shaft. It will have arc marks where it is grounding through the dist shaft.
Jeff Fitzgerald - retired
Treasure Coast of Florida
"there will be enough time to sleep when we're dead"
jimmy2ii

Re: 1998 Chevy G1500 - No Start

Post by jimmy2ii »

Good news, all it was it had bad plug wires.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

Thanks for posting the fix. Sometimes it's frustrating when a fix isn't posted. It appears you're new to the Forum and I never personally welcomed you. Welcome and I look forward to reading your posts.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
jimmy2ii

Post by jimmy2ii »

Thanks Steven

Return to “GM Cars”