2007 Saturn Vue Hybrid - Radio Down? FIXED

Specific repair issues for all GM cars + FWD vans
Holly
25 Club: Starting Contributor

2007 Saturn Vue Hybrid - Radio Down? FIXED

Post by Holly »

Battery disconnected for Hybrid service, all powered down before....on reinitialization of vehicle power, all works except radio. no clock, no loc, no lights, completely dead.....checked 10 and 15 amp fuse, also removed for 15 min...center console fuse checked and removed for 15 min.....power good...any ideas....relatives car...UGH!! no communication with module
GUTHTIRE
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Re: 07 Saturn Vue Hybrid Radio

Post by GUTHTIRE »

We had a Kia in our shop awhile ago where customer left and radio wasn't working. Turned out to be there was a pin hole on the faceplate of radio. You had to put a paperclip in the pinhole to reset the radio. Again, this was a Kia but thought it was worth a quick check to see if a pinhole exists on yours.
Dan
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 07 Saturn Vue Hybrid Radio

Post by ricmorin »

It's possible that the radio lost it's internal programming. My next step would be an attempt at reprogramming through SPS.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
steven kiser

Re: 2007 Saturn Vue Hybrid - Radio Down?

Post by steven kiser »

Didn't see any mention of code scan. I did a quick look see on a few of the diagnostic programs I use and there was mention of a few issues directly related to the Vue. I read a few on others mentioning the KAM and if it wasn't properly prepped for a shut down then it would need a reboot along with the G.P.S. system and the G.M. on board, forget the name right now but I think it's Star. May be a bit more than the radio. Also I saw something about a series of dash light flashing meaning something but I wasn't able to get much about that. Sorry but if I could get prompted on Monday I'm sure there is someone at the local dealer that can help answer any questions we have.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Holly
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by Holly »

After double checking everything and many hours of research, replaced the radio with one from the junk yard and it works fine now. Something with Saturns and complete power down that something in the radio apparently dies. Several posts online have ran into the same thing. Sad thing is, junk yard radio is 50/50 if it will work. We got lucky!!!!
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

Thanks for posting fix.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “GM Cars”