1977 Cad Cpe DeVille - A/C Parts?

Specific repair issues for all GM cars + FWD vans
maharrick

1977 Cad Cpe DeVille - A/C Parts?

Post by maharrick »

ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA FOR HOSES, SEALS AND OTHER PARTS FOR A CUSTOMER WHO WANTS HIS AC WORKING. IT SAT FOR 16 YEARS AND ALL SEALS DRIED UP.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: 77 COUPE DEVILLE, A/C PARTS

Post by brianp87 »

wow sorry good luck
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Re: 1977 Cad Cpe DeVille - A/C Parts?

Post by Tim Martin »

Try w.w.w.williamcatlin.com in Florida. Its a place I got introduced to some time back. Has lots of AC parts for older vehicles. See if he can help you out. I have not used them as of yet but I do have literature on them.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

i use to make em. see if you can get your hands on an "ever cool" catalogue. you can purchase the necessary fittings and adapters etc. you should crimp the lines but the special clamps work just as well. if you can get aviation or high pressure solid clamps that's better. all the oil has turned to sludge by now and the moisture has done it's damage. if i was doing the job the only thing i would consider keeping and re-using is the compressor and that's just a maybe. the plates in it may blow and trash everything. the system is fairly wide open. if this car has the old poa valve in it i have no idea where that can be obtained. if i were doing it here in my shop i'de probable quote somewhere around 2,500 bucks. don't forget it's gotta be retro fitted. have fun................................................ :D
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

Yea I agree it will be alot of work to get this one going again but it can be done. I make my own hoses as well and fittings are easy to come by as a rule. Yea, it will cost the owner a few bolognas and change but he will like it. 4 Seasons used to still have those POA valves yet, at least they were in the buyers guide.
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

don't ya just love little projects like these. they seem so innocent and a great idea at the time. customer has all the patience in the world. suddenly you get real busy with service work and after a while the customer starts in with the "i never dreamed it would take this long", etc. he starts to rethink if he really wants the work done. suddenly this little project that you were really going to enjoy doing becomes a friggen nightmare. you get it all together and find out either the climate control won't work or the diaphrams in the directional or mixing door pods are junk, vac hoses are rotted, etc. i fall into this trap on occasion. on another quick point, has the rest of the car been gone over yet. it would be a real bummer if after the a/c was up and functioning the seals in the mill started leaking.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Stewart Levy
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by Stewart Levy »

First get a HEMMINGs Motor news and then find your parts in it. Most good Mag shops cary the Mag and they list all the guys with the old stuff.
By the way guys they have made a kit to replace POA Valves. It works great! It bolts right on!

Hemmings is also on line! :) :)
If they don't know how can they fix it!
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

woah, hemmings completely slipped out of my mind. i remember years ago it was my bible. i always had one with grease prints blotting out the brownish cover. lots of good mems flowing again, thanks. :D :D

Return to “GM Cars”