2004 Buick LeSabre - Man A/C Problem fixed

Specific repair issues for all GM cars + FWD vans
LLOYDS

2004 Buick LeSabre - Man A/C Problem fixed

Post by LLOYDS »

This vehicle came in with Drivers side air warmer than passanger side.

This car is a manual HVAC system one zone not a dual zone. Watched temp door acuator moving good and closing all the way watched door acuator for def, vent, etc. even removed moving good and all operations seem normal.

No codes stored in BCM, any help would be great.
Last edited by LLOYDS on Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MIKE
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2004 Buick LeSabre - Man A/C Problem

Post by steven kiser »

mike
don't let the temp variance lead you in an incorrect direction. the issue may be that the system is only working partially. the first thing i do on almost 100% of a/c issues is to evacuate and recharge. if the system is low you will get cooler passenger temp at first. don't let the air volume at the vent misguide you. the blower is on the passenger side and will blow a greater volume of air at a slightly greater velocity. hot sun, dark color dash, low a/c system = no cool air or more on passenger side issues. i've had issues where radios or dash work was done and the vent was misaligned causing issues. i really think if you recharge the system you'll see a difference. the other thing that the customer should be made aware of is that the passenger side will cool off faster if the car's been in the sun. the vent to the drivers side needs to be cooled down before you'll get 100% temp. the a/c system doesn't make things cold. it removes the heat from the air. if you have noticed on some vehicles the drivers ducts are insulated while the rest aren't, this is a small attempt to lessen this complaint..........
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
protraxrptr17
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by protraxrptr17 »

Yep, steven is right. I usually always evac and recharge first thing too. Had this same problem on an 06 Dodge 3500 a couple years ago. I think I found a TSB that said add 2 oz refrigerant over what the sticker said. Fixed it. It was a very small amount and I was very skeptical, but it worked.
1stephen2

Post by 1stephen2 »

Just to add, also check to make sure all ducts are fully connected and seated properly, because if they had any dash work gone rye recently, you could be losing pressure(or coolness) in the dash area instead of constant vent flow.
LLOYDS

Re: 2004 Buick LeSabre - Man A/C Problem FIXED

Post by LLOYDS »

by passed the basics again was just low on freon charged and died works good
thanks for the help
MIKE
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

thanks for posting the fix..........
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “GM Cars”