2000 Pontiac Sunfire - Radio Deep Lock?

Specific repair issues for all GM cars + FWD vans
mitchs

2000 Pontiac Sunfire - Radio Deep Lock?

Post by mitchs »

I've got a 2000 Sunfire with a radio in deep lock.

We've attempted the 2-3 procedure to pull codes for unlock but without success. Left ignition on with jump pack for 1 hour to pull radio out of deep lock...still no success. This vehicle has been in and out of the shop with a mysterious battery dying when owner has it in their possession. we cant get the batery to die while it sits at our shop... concerned only now with the locked radio...

Any suggestions?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2000 Pontiac Sunfire Radio Deep Lock

Post by ricmorin »

More than likely the radio has lost the VIN. Have you a scan tool capable of accessing the radio and were there any codes? My first thought is you'll need to relearn the VIN in the radio. A Tech2 or equivalent will do this.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
steven kiser

Re: 2000 Pontiac Sunfire - Radio Deep Lock?

Post by steven kiser »

the draw may be the radio or pcm. like ric said you may need to have the radio relearn the vin or if you have a good relationship with a dealer you may be able to get the unlock code with the vin or serial # from the back of the radio. although on, not this particular model, i've run into situations where the accessory shut down will fail and radio will remain powered up. the radio will remain powered up if it's on when key is turned off and will shut off when a door is opened. just a thought...........
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “GM Cars”