2000 Chev Impala - Blower Inoperable

Specific repair issues for all GM cars + FWD vans
alphaauto
25 Club: Starting Contributor

2000 Chev Impala - Blower Inoperable

Post by alphaauto »

Customer came in with blower issue,only working on high or not at all. Inspected fuses all good,checked switch to resistor for power at each setting ok. Found resistor melted and pigtail melted in resistor. Replaced resistor and wired in new connector. Still blower inop..Replaced fan switch and another resistor,fan inop. Unplug fan from resistor checked power output at blower plug,all settings are being read with volt meter at male connector end. But plug fan in nothing?????? Have tried 3 new blowers... :?:
liljoe
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Re: 2000 chevy impala. blower inop.

Post by liljoe »

Check the voltages on both wires at the blower with it plugged in and turned on, sounds like you might have a ground issue on this.
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2000 chevy impala. blower inop.

Post by steven kiser »

Agree with ground issue. High blower by passes resistor and is triggered by direct switch (or relay). Check ground resistance at resistor. Even though the ground reads with test light an incorrect diagnosis may be had because of an incorrect load reading. There was an updated wiring process for my 01 Suburban to resolve this issue. A warning here, the updated harness defiantly changed the velocity of the blower a bit so if this is the issue warn the customer that the fix will cause changes.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
alphaauto
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Re: 2000 Chev Impala - Blower Inoperable

Post by alphaauto »

Fixed problem,fixed problem. :P
Bad ignition switch.........

Return to “GM Cars”