2005 Chevy Impala 3.4L Key Replacement

Specific repair issues for all GM cars + FWD vans
michael

2005 Chevy Impala 3.4L Key Replacement

Post by michael »

Hello Fellow Physicians, I have a 2005 Chevy Impala 3.4L with the security light blinking. I have tried the 30 min. and 10 min. procedures for reseting the BCM for a new key and I still have a no crank no start condition. Are there any ideas.
Michael
J&M's Auto Hobbies
liljoe
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Re: 2005 Chevy Impala 3.4L Key Replacement

Post by liljoe »

Most likely needs a lock cylinder replaced on it.
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
michael

Post by michael »

Lock Cyl. has been changed with passkey moduel.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

Is there a remote starter in it? If so look for a remote key reader or a key taped across the reader.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

michael wrote:Lock Cyl. has been changed with passkey moduel.
Please try to post ALL the details when requesting help. This prevents needless posts back and forth until we have all information.

Now, what did this car come in for originally? And what else have you done? Have you scanned for codes in the PCM and BCM? Do you have communication to the BCM?
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

I'm pretty sure on this one the anti theft reads through the pcm. I can't be specific on what years but i've had some issues with them taking the relearn because the pcm needs to be rebooted. The steps are pretty specific and even then i've had to do them three or four times. Again i must ask about a remote starter. Some use a remote key reader that looks like a hide a key. If it has a key from the old ignition in it that alone will mess up everything. I'm sure there is a fob for unlocking the doors and such. If it's an after market google it and see what combinations (if any) trigger the remote starter and see if by using them the parking lights flash on and off. If it wasn't purchased new by the customer it may have a remote system they don't know of. I've seen where a customer swears up and down there is no remote, i've found one, then they tell me it must have been from the previous owner. Then suddenly the want me to activate it and get pissed when i tell them it can't be unless they have both fobs unless they want to spend 3 or 4 hundred bucks. I'm in an area with a 3 t.v. towers that host hundreds of other communication companies and the old systems will trigger on their own. Enough for me.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “GM Cars”