2001 Dodge Neon - Odometer Flashing Fuse?

Specific repair issues for Dodge cars & FWD vans
rodneyy67

2001 Dodge Neon - Odometer Flashing Fuse?

Post by rodneyy67 »

The odometer keeps flashing fuse and then back to current mileage, any ideas?
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Re: 2001 Dodge Neon

Post by Rich »

Check the IOD fuse.

I see on Google another weird issue is a dome light out can cause this. :shock: I looked in two repair programs and come up empty for information.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2001 Dodge Neon - Odometer Flashing Fuse?

Post by steven kiser »

IOD fuse. Quickest way to tell is if the interior lights are working. If yes then the fuse is OK. It's in the power distribution box under the hood. If fuse is good take box apart and check for melted wire in that receiver. I'm not sure if they were using circuit boards in that model but if t hey were the board may be bad. Possibly a bad PCM but test the circuit before replacing. May be a broken wire or someone tapped into it causing a resistance issue.

OK, just went on line and there were a lot of posts about the power distribution box circuit boards failing. Given the age of the car it may be difficult to find a used one since most of these cars are probably soup cans now. If you do locate one make sure to compare them before swapping and tossing to make sure the used one has all the fuses and relays that the original one has.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Dodge Cars”