2006 Dodge Magnum - 2.7L Stalls

Specific repair issues for Dodge cars & FWD vans
carz4you

2006 Dodge Magnum - 2.7L Stalls

Post by carz4you »

2006 Magnum with 2005 136K 2.7 engine and trans. Front control module was reprogramed after the swap so it would shift right. The car runs okay but every now and then when waiting at a light it will start to stumble and then stall.

Mentor shows it has an occasional misfire on cyl 3 the only other thing that looks abnormal is the pedal position shows partially open when its closed.

I'm going home now to hopefully figure it out in my sleep but I'll be back in the morning to read ya'lls thoughts.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2006 Magnum stalls

Post by steven kiser »

i'm going with the thought the transmission was replaced. was the vehicle stalling before it was replaced?. i do believe that all programmed settings car be reset through a scanner. a stumble and stall along with a set misfire can and will set if there is an idle issue. the throttle position showing open while foot is off pedal may (probably) is a contributing factor. the throttle sensor does have a part in shift control. if in fact the transmission was replaced and there was a shifting issue and now a stalling with the throttle reading partially open that may the answer. just a bit of a tip here. make sure that the new sensor fits snug and secure before you anchor it. i've seen many throttle sensors that have been replaced giving incorrect readings because it twisted when it was secured with the mounting screws.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
carz4you

Re: 2006 Dodge Magnum - 2.7L Stalls

Post by carz4you »

We have now been able to reproduce the stall several times now and we noticed the Power loss light comes on. This may only be because the engine is stumbing just before it stalls but I'm not sure. I'm open for suggestions
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

i admit i'm not the most astute person in the world but i've read and re read the post and i'm still needing more information here. any history on this car, what was done? help me out here. i need it laid right out so stevie wonder can see it. was the motor and trans replaced? if so were they from the same vehicle? what caused this catastrophic issue? was the throttle position sensor issue resolved? power light is triggered by vacuum. it will come on as a direct result of an idle issue. is the iac roaming? does the car try to recover or just die?
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

I'd first check the IAC counts with the scan tool. May be a simple matter of base idle.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “Dodge Cars”