2003 Chrysler Town & County 3.8 A/C PROBLEM

Specific repair issues for Dodge cars & FWD vans
rogersauto
25 Club: Starting Contributor

2003 Chrysler Town & County 3.8 A/C PROBLEM

Post by rogersauto »

No signal from the computer to the clutch relay for the A/C
When you run a auto temp control test it will work , but it will not come on with the switch.
A/C has a full charge and all the fuses are good. You can also jump the relay and it will work. it has the 3way zone auto A/C system.

We need some help !
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2003 Chrysler Town & County 3.8 A/C PROBLEM

Post by steven kiser »

have you used a scanner to check for codes? there are temp sensors that are near the center vents that will screw up. i have customers that i swear use these for target practice. the person who put the cup holders so close to the controls should be shot. when we get these into the shop for any climate issues that's the first area we go to. coffee wreaks havoc in there. i don't know about your customers but i have them come in with coffee stains that reach the rear seats. :shock: i have to check my little book of "never seen that before" but i think that if you look at the harness around the front blower module (behind glove box) you may see the wiring melted. it usually has to do with the ground lug. i've seen these make the compressor fail to activate. there is a tech bulletin on the compressor that may interest the customer.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Dodge Cars”