Chrysler Concord LHS?

Specific repair issues for Dodge cars & FWD vans
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Chrysler Concord LHS?

Post by sbebenelli »

Has anyone heard of a 2001 Chrysler Concord LHS? Had someone price shopping and told me that's what they had. I politely told her that I only show Concord LX or LXi. She insisted that her trunk said Concord and doors said LHS. I politely told her Concord and LHS are different model cars. She then told me Autozone didn't have any problem looking it up and hung up on me.

I could care less about her hanging up, I just want to make sure I'm not wrong about this.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: Chrysler Concord LHS

Post by brianp87 »

I dont see any chrylser of dodge listed that way. Id get vin and see what it really is.
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Well, the LHS is essentially a Concorde with a different name and all the goodies. If it SAYS LHS, then it is one. The LX had the 2.7 engine and the Lxi and LHS had the 3.5 (much better engine). Treat it as an LHS and thank her for the business. 8)
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
mopwrforme
200 Club: Major Contributor

Post by mopwrforme »

brian is right always go with the vin. but to answer your question 94-99 were listed as lh body which were the concord,intrepid,new yorker,vision and lhs all were lh bodys in 2000-04 they were listed as concord intrepid 300m they were also lh bodys 2000-04 were a concord body line with a lhs trim package [he he i said package he he] or the previous owner stuck on the badge because it looked cool ???????? anyway there all lh bodys where the mixup is that a 2000-04 concord had an option for the lhs trim, but the 94-99 were a separate vehicals i hope that helps 8) 8) 8)
perfection-automotive.net
fortknoxx
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Re: Chrysler Concord LHS?

Post by fortknoxx »

This reminds me of my first car. 1981 Mercury Zephyr x7 2 dr good ole l6 200 ci. I went to rickles (hardware store) i bought in red reflective plastic sticky 2 each. the numbers 5 & 0 and boight a lowercase i. capitol g & twith in 5 mins i had a 5.0 GT
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

made me remember years ago when a person brought his 442 into the shop i was working at for service. i looked out and told him it wasn't a 442. the bumper wasn't correct. the 442 had the cut outs in the bumper for the exhaust. that's when the fight started, i was told i didn't know what i was talking about. another time i was at a burger joint like the one in american graffiti and a kid came in with a goat. i looked under and saw coil springs and told him it was a lemans. i was always a bit floored when parents purchased their children cars so they could keep up and had no idea what was going on. there was a spoiled kid who's dad bought him a GS. beautiful car, the only issue was he couldn't shift worth a damn. he would miss 3rd and tank the engine. his dad put three in before he traded it in for an automatic. in my time it was always the spoiled kids that had the nicest cars. all mine were pieced together from salvage yards, fenders mis matched or primed with rattle cans. we treated them with more respect than the other kids did. we knew their limitations and would never push them beyond that. we couldn't afford it. this one kid had a line lock installed so he could do "wicked" burn outs. every time i would see the car i would take my time and when i could turn it 1/2 way on, pull off the knob and put it back on so it showed off. during the night, every once and a while you could smell burning brakes and you would know he had just driven by. on point here, i wouldn't even try to explain to the customer about the model difference. i would explain that my data base in more refined than auto zones and that's where the issue lies. there are parts that will fit multiple models and are lumped together for easier look up ability. it always floors me when a kid that has just left puberty is an expert in auto repair. i try not to loose a customer because of this so i try to explain that the system that's used at these places is very basic and somewhat embryonic. i will add (and this does work) some restaurants have the food already prepped and is cooked with timers. flip the steak when the timer beeps. it tastes great but the people flipping them really aren't chefs. they don't know the difference between oregano and horse droppings.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
jbadenoch
400 Club: Mega-Star Contributor

Post by jbadenoch »

had a customer call and want a tune-up price on his pontiac goooley, told him i needed to see it to be accurate. He came in with a 6000 le lol
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

brings me fond memories of when i called a parts store for parts for a green muzi ford. :lol: :lol: :lol:
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
fortknoxx

Post by fortknoxx »

heater core for a corvair???
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

hoses for a bug..........................
jbadenoch

Post by jbadenoch »

Lol
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

what about sending the new bee to the parts store for a can of compressed steam or to the tool truck for a cotter pin straightener. :lol: :lol: :lol: i got hit with the cotter pin one. fell for it hook, line, and sinker. the shop i had my cherry popped in was owned by a person that would make us clean all the old wheel weights and paint them along with carefully removing cotter pins and reusing them. kind of brings up memories of rebuilding alternators, starters, carbs, distributors, riveting new brake shoe sleeves onto the backings, sand blasting spark plugs, filing and resetting points, measuring and making spark plug wires, etc. ahhhh the good old days. :lol: :lol:
mopwrforme

Post by mopwrforme »

hay newbee reach in there and pull the hood latch on this jeep wrangler will ya :D :D :D
perfection-automotive.net
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

i know i'm getting off point but here goes. years ago i had a gas attendant (jockey) that was a ooogle. every time i backed up i would step on his toes. it wasn't that he wanted to learn he was just an ooogle. for those of us that came up the ladder from jockey to tech you know what i mean. this kid just didn't have it. it wasn't there. he would have no problem reaching through a rotating fan to retrieve a nut or drop the floor jack while the vehicle was running in drive (seen that happen while the car was on high idle on choke :lol: ) another story. i would lay a fender cover on the fender (ya, no kidding) place a long screw driver on it, pull a plug wire off, run a jumper lead from the steel shaft near the handle into the plug boot on the plug wire. when he came wandering in i would ask him to start the vehicle and after a few seconds ask him to pass me the screw driver. if you tube was around back then it would have been worth watching. if the lead was long enough he would hop around with a cigarette in his mouth trying to scream. this happened so many times the funny wore off. we even got to the point where we wouldn't even bet coffee on whether he would do it. it was like the schmales kid on "caddy shack".

Return to “Dodge Cars”