Chrysler Concorde 2.7L Main Oil Pressure

Specific repair issues for Dodge cars & FWD vans
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Re: Chrysler Concorde 2.7L Main Oil Pressure

Post by Tim Martin »

Do you mean the 3.5L or the 3.2L? There is a difference.
mopwrforme
200 Club: Major Contributor

Post by mopwrforme »

yes sir I did one for a friend of mine years ago in his intrepid it had a 2.7 we retroed a 3.5l ho out of a police cruser.
then came the phone calls,orders for 2 more. i was at the time working out of my garage at the house for some extra money. the inspecter in question was a friend of one of the customers who wanted me to swap there power plants. i did the job then not wanting any problems i stopped. but yes there are several differances between,
the 3.5 and 3.2.
perfection-automotive.net
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

I am being told that the 3.2L fits in very easily where the 2.7L comes out. Perhaps better than a 3.5L. Would you agree with that?
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

Yea and I am trying to find a 3.2L engine to put in. Scarce as hens teeth.
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

I'm curious Tim. what about the computer? Isn't there a programming difference between the two? If you used a computer from a car with a 3.2 then wouldn't the programming then be different for the rest of the vehicle. What do you do to overcaome that?
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

Pauls Automotive wrote:I'm curious Tim. what about the computer? Isn't there a programming difference between the two? If you used a computer from a car with a 3.2 then wouldn't the programming then be different for the rest of the vehicle. What do you do to overcaome that?
That's a question I asked a salvage yard fellow that said he done 5 of these swaps. He said what you gotta do is have the PCM from the vehicle the 3.2engine came out of. Or at least one like that and then have the PCM reflashed for the vehicle you are putting it into.
Pauls Automotive

Post by Pauls Automotive »

I guess what I dont get is the flash for the computer wasn't designed to be for a 3.2 engine in that car. I would imagine the flash would only be for origianl configurations. The 2.7 car probably has different shift points and sensor data curves etc. Don't get me wrong. I just don't know. I've only done engine swaps with original equipment due to worrying about what might happen it everything wasn't exactly as it was designed to be. I think it's great it it can be done. I'd be curious once your done to find out if there were any issues from the computer stand point.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

Yea Paul, having not done this yet, I am not sure either what all that involves or what it is for. Will try to keep posted what develops with this one. Perhaps others on this forum may know.
mopwrforme

Post by mopwrforme »

I have not tried to install a 3.2 yet with the 3.5s with my instalation all i did was use the engine harness and computer from the donner car, mine being a police cruser i basicly took everything from under the hood of the cruser trans contrller,pcm engine harrness and all. i did have issues with the firewall connecter. most likely due to it being a cruser. as for the controllers just swap them. there are no changes i know of internally in the trans
for either vehicals a 606 is a 606 you take the 2.7 controller out your using all the donner cars electronics.

The shift points will be for a 3.5 in my case the bcm couldnt see rpm change on start up and i had to repin the connector. its time consuming but can be done. I am not sure about the differances between the 3.5 and 3.2
when it comes to swaping from a 2.7 they are as far as i know the same engines differant bore and stroke.
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

I found an engine in eastern PA at a salvage yard. Had 83,000 miles on it and the yard is offering a 1 year parts and labor warranty on it. I dont think I ever saw a warranty like that ever before from a used parts place. It's coming on Tuesday so we'll see what happens when I get it in.
mopwrforme

Post by mopwrforme »

that is the only way i will use a used part, i have had to many engines fail on start up.
its a great feeling to r/r the engine in a grand cherokee or a 01 durango 4x4 hit the key to have every rod and main in the dang thing starts hammering. then try to tell the customer they have to pay again.

it doesnt take long to figure out which salvage yards are reputable and which ones are not.
if your used part doesnt have a warr. i call till they do i have found in my neck of the woods
lkq does and i have had good luck with them 1-800-616-1489 make sure you get the vin from.
the doner car it will help if you have any wireing issues. by the way lkqonline.com

if i have to use used parts it usually is them i can trust my local dist. to be honest about the age
and milage of what im getting. that and they stand behind there parts. wow i feel like i should be on there payroll

Return to “Dodge Cars”