2013 Ford Edge Programmed BCM; Windows Don't Work?

Specific repair issues for Ford cars & FWD vans
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor

2013 Ford Edge Programmed BCM; Windows Don't Work?

Post by sbebenelli »

2013 Ford Edge 3.2 2FMDK3JC6DBE18567

Went to program the HVAC because of a TSB and somehow I must've clicked on BCM. I noticed it after it was to late. Long story short EVAC programed fine and the BCM must not have. It went through the steps like it programmed OK. The power windows do not work nor does the wipers. Everything else seems to work OK. The door locks, remotes, car starts and runs fine.

We use a CarDAQ-M for programing.

Anyone have any ideas they can help me out with?
Cory
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Re: 2013 Ford Edge Programmed BCM; Windows Don't Work?

Post by Cory »

Have you figured this one out yet? The only thing that comes to mind, is to attempt to program the module again, it is possible it did not complete properly...
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

I was going to post the outcome and I forgot. I called Drewtech support and they asked me a few questions and said at this point I'd probably be better off seeing if a Ford dealer can recover the module. Took it to Ford and they could not get the windows to work either and said something must have happened to the module. I just had them replace and program it. I wasn't going to take a chance of something going wrong again.

They treated me very well. Sold the module to me at what I would have paid through the parts department. I figured they would list it out. And they only charged me an hour labor for everything including the programming. Luckily the module was under $200. I charged the customer what I would have if everything had went ok and just about broke even.

You win some and you lose some.

I've heard of things going wrong with modules while programming but I've never had it happen. Do you warn the customer ahead of time that it could happen and put the responsibility on the customer or do you just take the risk yourself?
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

The only way I would put any responsibility on any of my customers is if they supplied the part or after debating with them about pad slapping and expecting perfect brakes. May or may not happen and depending on the customer and their past purchases I may warranty what I did only if they now agree to allow me to repair it the way I see fit. I've found this builds a strong customer relationship and usually it costs me nothing since I return the pads to the supplier. Customer pays for another set of pads, I get a replacement set for nothing, the Ying and the Yang of our business. I'm actually dealing with noises from a customer insisting I just install pads. I did it their way because I just knew they had it in their head not just in but deeply imbedded so if I didn't do it they would take it somewhere else. Since there was no safety issues I went ahead and did it and now she's back for a creaking groaning noise with a shaking during application at high speed. Along with doing it correctly or my way as she put it I received a nice card expressing her sincere apologies and promising never to question my professional opinion again. The Ying and the Yang. I got that uplifting card when it was needed most.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Ford Cars”