2012 Ford Flex Limited - Pulsation?

Specific repair issues for Ford cars & FWD vans
Miked1

2012 Ford Flex Limited - Pulsation?

Post by Miked1 »

We have a 12' Ford Flex that is warping the front brake rotors roughly every 10k miles. We have installed Worldpacs WBR brand and then switched to OES Motorcraft and have experienced the same results. We have replaced the front calipers, brake hoses as needed, including the rear brakes as well. No indicators that master cylinder is sticking or dragging causing the rotors to warp. The rotors themselves are not even turning blue from being overheated. They just warp. I'd like to narrow it down to the customer but there are no issues that indicate where the fault is for this problem. Any & all suggestions welcomed.
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

Re: 2012 Ford Flex Limited pulsation

Post by Tim Martin »

Without knowing what brand of parts were used in this application, and, if I may, I want to suggest that the economy parts not be used. We have found out that in this vehicle, as well as in a few others, the economy brake rotors do not work well. A higher quality brake rotor must be used here.

Also, are the shields in place behind the rotors? Or are they rusted and missing?
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: 2012 Ford Flex Limited - Pulsation?

Post by brianp87 »

Was the runout good when it left? Are the tire rotations being done somewhere else? If so are they over torqing the wheels. Does the driver drive with two feet? On drivers who routinely warp rotors from riding there brakes we recommend drilled and slotted rotors and shifting to a lower gear on down grades. Those who drive with two feet just have to own up to there issue.

Return to “Ford Cars”