2004 Lincoln LS - Re-Program Window Regulator

Specific repair issues for Ford cars & FWD vans
grb757

2004 Lincoln LS - Re-Program Window Regulator

Post by grb757 »

WE RECENTLY INSTALLED A NEW RIGHT SIDE, FRONT WINDOW REGULATOR IN A 2004 LINCOLN LS. WHEN LIFTING THE WINDOW, IT GOES ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP OF ITS TRAVEL, BUMPS THE TOP WEATHERSEAL, THEN IMMEDIATELY GOES ALL THE WAY DOWN. LOWERING THE WINDOW ONLY RESULTS IN THE WINDOW GOING DOWN APPROX. 3/4 AND THEN STOPS. DOES SOMEONE KNOW WHERE TO GET RE-PROGRAMMING INSTRUCTIONS SO WE CAN RESTORE PROPER WINDOW OPERATION? THANKS.

***UPDATE*** FOLLOWING THE PROGRAMMING INSTRUCTIONS IN MITCHELL1 STILL RESULTS IN THE WINDOW OPERATING AS DESCRIBED ABOVE. IT APPEARS THAT THE AUTOMATIC OBSTRUCTION REBOUND (BOUNCE BACK) FEATURE IS NOT DEACTIVATED DURING THE PROGRAMMING SEQUENCE.
Last edited by grb757 on Tue May 11, 2010 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
crmeyers
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Re: 2004 Lincoln LS - Re-Program Window Regulator

Post by crmeyers »

Think it requires the Rotunda factory scan tool (Ford only) We acquired one from a dismantled Ford dealership - awesome machine!
Chris Meyers
Service Center Manager
Ocean Air Auto Repair
www.oceanairauto.com
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

This can be done without the factory scan tool according to my information. It should be in OD5. I have it here if you want me to send it to you.

BTW, welcome to the forum.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
grb757

Post by grb757 »

ricmorin wrote:This can be done without the factory scan tool according to my information. It should be in OD5. I have it here if you want me to send it to you.

BTW, welcome to the forum.
Only dumb question is the question not asked...what is OD5 and where do I find it? Are you offering to send us a download for this? How would that work? Thanks.

***UPDATE*** Never mind on the OD5...that's OnDemand 5. We have those instructions and when following them, we get the "bounce back" safety feature that interferes.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

I have the procedure, but I take it you have performed it already. My thought would be then that something is broken or the procedure is not being done correctly (no offense). It looks rather complicated with many steps. I'd venture a guess if you miss one of those steps it'll not work. I can fax you what I have here if you'd like.
603-622-6434 x203

grb757

Post by grb757 »

ricmorin wrote:I have the procedure, but I take it you have performed it already. My thought would be then that something is broken or the procedure is not being done correctly (no offense). It looks rather complicated with many steps. I'd venture a guess if you miss one of those steps it'll not work. I can fax you what I have here if you'd like.
Thanks. Sure, fax it over. 507-344-3302.
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

It might be the same thing as you have, but give it a shot. On it's way.
603-622-6434 x203

steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

was the motor repalced at the same time? my lead tech seems to think that if it's not synchronized correctly as in motor to regulator it will cause an amp load that will cause the release. he also stated that he read somewhere that (he thought) holding the button in the up position would realign and reset. he also rolled his eyes and said "tell them good luck" if there is any strain on the up lift it will release and drop. he said on the 300's a bad motor would duplicate this situation but wasn't sure on this application.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Ford Cars”