1977 Ford Mustang II Ghia - Tire Specs?

Specific repair issues for Ford cars & FWD vans
nickscarcare
750 Club: World Class Contributor

1977 Ford Mustang II Ghia - Tire Specs?

Post by nickscarcare »

First of all I don't know if this is the right place to post this or if there is somewhere else to post questions like this.?.? I have a customer that has a 1977 Mustang II Ghia, all original, and with living in MN, this car has never seen a winter since new, having me go over it. The question I have is tire size. The best I can find on this one is that it is supposed to have 195/70R13 tires on it, and I am guessing white wall. Does anyone know is that correct, or is there a different size? That size of tire is hard to find now days. Somebody told me maybe Cooker Tire, but I want to be sure of the size first.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
http://www.nickscarcare.com
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Re: 77 Mustang II Ghia

Post by Rich »

I thought I had the answer for you. There is a guy, Dave trucks, that lives north of here 10 miles. If you have a Mustang question he is the go to guy. But I can't find his number, i even googled him. I could have had him tell you how thick the under coating in the doors suppose to be. He is really "Mr. Mustang".

I keep look for him. I know where his secret shop is. If we don't have you an answer I'll go up there and see if he's around. Maybe I can sneek a few pictures of his collection 8)
Last edited by Rich on Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
crmeyers
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Re: 1977 Ford Mustang II Ghia - Tire Specs?

Post by crmeyers »

195/70R13 (was actually BR7013) Good luck finding them. That size has been discontinued for quite a while now.
Chris Meyers
Service Center Manager
Ocean Air Auto Repair
www.oceanairauto.com
fortknoxx
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Post by fortknoxx »

195/70/13 dq'd
work arounf 185/70/13 stock avail
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

Ok does anybody know for sure if they came with black wall or white wall? I am thinking of going with a 175/80r13 tire.
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

507-345-6425
fortknoxx

Post by fortknoxx »

T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

be real careful with the size you choose. the choice you're making could easily make the car to low and reduce the turning radius. i seem to recall a tire company that sold all sorts of tires for antiques. called my wholesaler and was told that Cocker tire in Tennessee was the place to look into. if they didn't have them no one would. on a side note i've found that places down south will jump through rings of fire with dynamite in their pockets to help you. in the northeast not so much......
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
nickscarcare

Post by nickscarcare »

Coker tire was my very first call, the car is not a show car so I am not spending that kind of money!! I am aware of the size differences, thats what I noticed when the car was brought in, the 165/60R13 are tiny on this thing. I found a 175/80R13 is pretty close. Thanks for all the input guys. Wait to hear this customers reaction when he comes back from warm Arizona in the spring and he can drive his car again after 10 years of it being stored. 8)

507-345-6425
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

good luck. hope they appreciate all the work and time......
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Ford Cars”