Stored Recommendations?

Registered Forum Members Can Vote! Forum members respond to business & software questions

Storing Recommendations: In Notes or new Recommendations tab?

a) Keep the Recommendations text inside the Notes tab; add the Category field so that I can store that data to my current entries.
25%
b) Add the new Recommendations tab to Standard Descriptions to keep them separate; I'll copy my entries to the new tab.
42%
c) Wasn't aware you could do this.
33%

Total votes: 12
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Stored Recommendations?

Post by timbre4 »

We are looking at the current workflow of having to separately select Category to record Recommendations to vehicles. This could be remedied in a couple different ways; either add a Category field to Notes just for these Recommendations entries or introduce a separate Recommendations tab in the back row of Standard Descriptions. The latter would require users to copy their Recommendation "notes" into the new tab manually. Please let us know your thoughts on this so that a future enhancement can potentially be made in the least disruptive fashion.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Jeff @ Able Auto
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Re: Stored Recommendations?

Post by Jeff @ Able Auto »

Not sure what you're asking here. I currently go to Veh-Add-Select Catagory-pull from standard notes or type my own. :? :?:
Jeff Fitzgerald - retired
Treasure Coast of Florida
"there will be enough time to sleep when we're dead"
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Jeff @ Able Auto wrote:Not sure what you're asking here. I currently go to Veh-Add-Select Catagory-pull from standard notes or type my own. :? :?:
Yes, Standard Notes is what I'm talking about. We either add a Category field to save it to each once and for all OR we provide a new separate Recommendations tab to keep them and genuine Notes clean and separate so as not to trip over them in a sorted list.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

Users currently have the ability to add canned notes as recommendations. When you add a recommendation, you need to tag it with a category. This is a manual entry right now. Mitchell1 will be considering a change to connect a canned note with a category so users can transfer them into recommendations easier.
recommendations.png
recommendations.png (28.09 KiB) Viewed 4732 times
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Jeff @ Able Auto

Post by Jeff @ Able Auto »

Thanks for the clarifications. Voted,
Jeff Fitzgerald - retired
Treasure Coast of Florida
"there will be enough time to sleep when we're dead"
ARS
300 Club: Superstar Contributor
300 Club: Superstar Contributor

Post by ARS »

For all of our Recommends- we have the same category- which is Recommendations-
The only other on we have is when we do the LOF stickers-- that category is LOF

We do this so when we print the report to send out recommendation letters it was a real PITA when each reccommend was a different category. The report was so difficult to sort through, it took us a couple days to to go through it each month. We changed this so long ago i can not remember why it was so difficult. But since we changed the recommends to have the category to Recommendations the report is just the Recs we need for that month.

I did not answer the above (not sure what you are asking).. but i guess we have a system that works- so we would vote to keep it the same.

Thanks, ARS

Return to “Polls”