POLL #1: OE Parts Ordering

Registered Forum Members Can Vote! Forum members respond to business & software questions

Being able to order OE parts electronically would:

Encourage me to include more OE parts in my mix
43%
Wouldn't change my current ratio of OE / Aftermarket parts
51%
No opinion
6%

Total votes: 35
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

POLL #1: OE Parts Ordering

Post by timbre4 »

I was asked my opinion about what shops think on this question and decided it was better to let you all comment directly on the matter and then give that information to the interested party rather than my heresay.

This is strictly hypothetical, nothing is in development. This is merely posing the question to measure response to see if there is a market to develop for OE parts. This concept is based on a single Asian mfg at this time.

Thanks as always for taking time to vote and comment.
Last edited by timbre4 on Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

Voted
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

since i can purchase oe parts from an after market distributer i still only buy hard parts. i use the oem section to check pricing, and use it often.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Jim Brown
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by Jim Brown »

Absolutely! Make an online ordering system similar to WorldPac's or NAPA's system (including availablity, ETA, part number, and picture) and I can promise an increase in sales. The "fax me a picture" routine along with the necessary phone calls eats up a lot of time.

TR
timjlive
200 Club: Major Contributor

Post by timjlive »

Voted
Jim Brown wrote:Absolutely! Make an online ordering system similar to WorldPac's or NAPA's system (including availablity, ETA, part number, and picture) and I can promise an increase in sales. The "fax me a picture" routine along with the necessary phone calls eats up a lot of time.

TR
Agree 100% :D
Tim L.
Falls Uptown Motors
920-467-2311
f8jon360
100 Club: Active Contributor
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by f8jon360 »

again, here i voted it wouldn't change the percentage, but it would be a really nice feature and would cut down on dealer phone calls, and give us access to millions of parts that just aren't in Mitchell's Estimator database.
INLANDSMOG

Post by INLANDSMOG »

Voted, that would be an awesome addition.
Pauls Automotive
1000 Club: Interstellar
1000 Club: Interstellar

Post by Pauls Automotive »

It wouldn't encourage me to change my current ratio due to the lack of profitability of the OE parts. However I would like to have the ability to order from Dealers online and be able to do everything I do with ShopCat,NAPA and WorldPac. The easy of being able to check prices and availabilty at a few clicks of a mouse is soooo much nicer then waiting on hold for that one or two people you can count on to get you the right parts.
Paul
Pauls Automotive
6318 Falls Road
Baltimore, Md 21209
410-825-2224
paul@paulsauto.com
TRUE HAPPINESS IS WITHIN YOU
Matt R.

Post by Matt R. »

Wouldn't change our mix as the dealer is our direct competition and we only buy from them what we need. Our particular market isn't always serviced by the aftermarket, so this would be helpful as we currently purchase a lot of O.E. parts.
I love the automated capability that is incorporated into the NAPA catalog. I think if this feature were incorporated, it would allow us to be more efficient which means more profitiability. This would have a direct result back to Mitchell as we would be able to purchase all of the new shinies that they produce :D.
This is my Mitchell One Shop Manager Plus Program. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
a&mauto
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by a&mauto »

Matt R. wrote:Wouldn't change our mix as the dealer is our direct competition and we only buy from them what we need. Our particular market isn't always serviced by the aftermarket, so this would be helpful as we currently purchase a lot of O.E. parts.
I love the automated capability that is incorporated into the NAPA catalog. I think if this feature were incorporated, it would allow us to be more efficient which means more profitiability. This would have a direct result back to Mitchell as we would be able to purchase all of the new shinies that they produce :D.
I Agree
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Parts POLLS

Post by timbre4 »

Folks - Please take a moment and vote in these polls so that I can deliver good numbers next week. Thanks
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer

Return to “Polls”