POLL: On-Line Shop Mgmt Software Training

Registered Forum Members Can Vote! Forum members respond to business & software questions

I Would Attend On-Line Shop Mgmt Software Training For:

A) Setup Options Review to Insure Best Performance
9%
B) Canned Jobs, Part Kits, Promotions and more
17%
C) Recommendations, Followup Letters & Postcards, CRM Concepts
18%
D) Inventory, Purchase Orders, Parts Catalogs
13%
E) Tips & Tricks to Improve Efficiency & Accuracy
38%
F) Other - send email to tim.mcdonnell@mitchell1.com
5%

Total votes: 77
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

POLL: On-Line Shop Mgmt Software Training

Post by timbre4 »

>>>>>Update - NOV 2007 - Please review our updated poll<<<<<

We're creating a business model for internet based shop management software training and we'd like to hear what users want most.

Imagine a class that comes to you on Tues, Wed or Thurs (non-peak times) for about 90-120 minutes, conducted over the internet via WebEx meeting software and your phone for the audio.

Imagine a 24/7 training center with recorded topics to watch anytime.

Imagine no travel, hotels or entire days out of your business. You and any number of your people could attend these sessions together.

Now that I have your attention, please select the most important topic to you at this time. If you don't see it listed select F) and send me an email.

Thanks, Tim
Last edited by timbre4 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Royal Muffler

Online Management Training

Post by Royal Muffler »

I would be very interested in an online training course. The problem I would have is if you only offer it during business hours. I only have one computer in the shop, and if I have it tied up with the training course for 90-120 minutes during any part of the day, that would interfere with my ability to do business during that time. I would be more interested in something I could access after closing time, or on the weekends would be acceptable as well (although not as preferred).
Thanks for your consideration.
Pat
Matt400

Re: OnLine Mgmt Training

Post by Matt400 »

timbre4 wrote:There is also every possibility of accessing recorded sessions 24/7 as well.
Thats interesting. Are there additional costs involved or is it part of the subscription?
Matt
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Application Training

Post by timbre4 »

We're working out the details now; subscription model is a monthly live on-line workshop and the potential to offer access to the recorded version until the following month advances the plan.

It will be part of M1 subscriptions and offered as an add-on pkg for new shop mgmt customers. Existing customers will find value in the series as well.
Last edited by timbre4 on Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim McDonnell -
Tom Gebbie

Re: If You Could Have On-Line Shop Mgmt Software Training...

Post by Tom Gebbie »

timbre4 wrote:We're creating a business model for internet based shop management software training and we'd like to hear what users want most.

Imagine a class that comes to you on Tues, Wed or Thurs (non-peak times) for about 90-120 minutes, conducted over the internet via WebEx meeting software and your phone for the audio.

Imagine no travel, hotels or entire days out of your business. You and any number of your people could attend these sessions together.

Now that I have your attention, please select the most important topic to you at this time. If you don't see it listed select F) and send me an email.

This poll will close soon so cast your vote today.

Thanks, Tim

PS - If you haven't already answered the poll about which version of shop mgmt software you're using, PLEASE do so! Only 25% of members have answered so far...
Hi Tim,

While the idea of web-based training is timely, I would certainly hope that you don't plan on abandoning face-to-face workshops. I can't understate the value of a class that takes you OUT of the shop for a day or two, with no phone distractions of any kind.

Sitting in a class of one's peers really changes one's receptiveness/perceptiveness to new ideas. Some psychologist(s) probably already did the study to put numbers to that idea, eh?

What would be more expensive? A fly-in/hotel stay training class that leaves one walking away with tools that can immediately be put to use? Or a cheap/free internet-based class while sitting in the back room of the shop with a steady stream of interruptions that leaves one with no more clue than before the class started?

JMHO,

Tom Gebbie
Tom Gebbie, Manager
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Training Options

Post by timbre4 »

Be assured that we will continue the face-to-face workshops, we're already planning four major sessions for 2007.

We have also identified a need and desire by shops to have something steady and incremental for training which means the internet sessions have a place in our plans as well.
Last edited by timbre4 on Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tim McDonnell -
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

On line sounds great to me also. I would sway toward the recorded version so i could pause and rewind and such. Seams everytime i try to learn something the phone rings.

Just one thing I would request different than normal people would ( 8) ) could YOU play a little guitar in the back ground?
fortknoxx
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

on line training

Post by fortknoxx »

It sounds great to me too! I like the idea of accessing a recorded version to view at anytime.
tina
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell
cardoc
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by cardoc »

The idea is great. With all the idea's given by the other users. You know we all love the sound of Tims voice so much :D and yet most do not know its capabilities. As stated in other forums this site is really beneficial for info, shop and system learning. It is up to the individuals to want to learn and grow their own business. ( Like a flower ) I would like to add I have a great rep that goes way beyond my expectations. Thanks Todd :D If the on line training is the answer I feel the training video's should not just go away after a month. Or at least make them downloadable for us to store or burn for our future use. My two cents, alan
Quality is not expensive, It is Priceless!

ASE L1 Master Certified Automotive Technician,
Service Advisor, & AMI Graduate
ASA Member
Allison

Post by Allison »

Would these training sessions apply only to the service writers and managers? I am the bookkeeper and the computer guru around here... We have three service writers using the program since last October. I know NOTHING about cars (that's why I work here, they take care of me) and we have two guys that know computers and one that is WORKING on knowing the computer :D Bless his heart, he's the boss, so I'm not complaining!

I KNOW this program is capable of WAY more than we're using it for. I had the same problem with our first rep -- I knew way more than he did. Now our rep is fabulous, but I STILL want a full-fledged sit-down training, instead of the "fix the current problem" approach.

Tucson, AZ -- would LOVE to convince the boss to fly me to Cleveland OR Texas! I'm a mom -- that would be a vacation!
Allison
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: On-Line Shop Mgmt Software Training Poll#1

Post by timbre4 »

Folks,

Just want to take a minute and bring you up to date on all of the exciting changes to PerformanceCenter.

PerformanceReporting has been EXPANDED with new reporting capabilities that go beyond what was already a powerful set of reports within the mgmt software to provide daily business metrics by email and even more with on-line logged in access. Learn about the 3 major reporting tools with the link below. PerformanceReporting will continue as a subscription item ($19 mo or free with BPS products like CRM, eCRM & SI).

PerformanceReporting details: http://performancecenter.mitchell1.com/ ... eports.asp

All of the training assets such as the modules, quizzes, certification and quick videos are now FREE and no longer require login to begin taking advantage of in your shop. Everyone who touches the mgmt software at your business benefits!

Modules/Quizzes: http://performancecenter.mitchell1.com/ ... videos.asp

Quick Videos: http://performancecenter.mitchell1.com/ ... videos.asp

It's time to learn more and make more; Mitchell1 has now made it possible for everyone to make changes for the better.
Tim McDonnell -
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: POLL: On-Line Shop Mgmt Software Training

Post by timbre4 »

This POLL is still open and we've delivered most if not all of the options with FREE PerformanceCenter modules, quizzes and certification.

Never hurts to vote and let us know what is most important to you! :idea:
Tim McDonnell -
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: POLL: On-Line Shop Mgmt Software Training

Post by steven kiser »

i selected other. it would be great if a group was formed and all topics could be discussed one at a time. the question is when. i'm sure my free time isn't the same as others. my peak time is usaually from 5:30 a.m to 6 or 7 p.m. i haven't attended any weekend seminars through mitchell but i would like to. every time i even consider retiring something comes up. right now in my life you'de swear i lit a prayer candel. i think the films are more of my line. i can watch them in my "spare time" and after, question through the network i've developed within the forum.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Polls”