POLL: Shop Have Facebook Acct?

Registered Forum Members Can Vote! Forum members respond to business & software questions

Does your shop have a Facebook Account?

Yes
76%
No
24%

Total votes: 113
Stellers Garage
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Re: POLL: Shop Have Facebook Acct?

Post by Stellers Garage »

liljoe wrote:Please guide me some one, please.....
Willing to help need to see what you have and how you have it.
John C.
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by John C. »

Voted yes, because I set one up a while ago, but wished I hadn't. Not a "fan" of FB (pun intended) or "social media" in general.
John C.
Kellenberger1

Post by Kellenberger1 »

yes
Frank Keener

Post by Frank Keener »

brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

I have one it probally needs alot of work but its there.

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Facebook stock prices notwithstanding, it's here to stay in one form or another. It's where more and more business is going to come from. You may be surprised to know a good number of your older customers are on Facebook as well as the more obvious younger ones that already are.

Zimmermans above has a nice inviting page, with regular postings. I have already liked that page so I'll see what they're offering from here on out. Take a look at what they are doing, look at other shop pages, start building a simple strategy of what you could share with customers. Strike a balance of repair, recreational, etc. When you look at sites that manage to post *something* weekly a pattern should emerge.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
sfordaly

Post by sfordaly »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fix-or-Re ... 3764602572

EDIT: Thanks for your first time post! I fixed your link. :idea:
C-A-R-S
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by C-A-R-S »

Ron Copsetta
Copsetta Auto Repair Service
http://copsettaautorepairservice.com/reviews.html
It Wasn't Broke Till I Fixed it!!
DEVIND52

Post by DEVIND52 »

Yes we do
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Thanks for your first time post. Good looking FB page and liked!
Tim McDonnell -
Cathy Kulp

Post by Cathy Kulp »

Yes we do, however I pay my advertising people to maintain it. They are much better at it than I am.
:D
the1tom

Post by the1tom »

We also have one, and even post on it fairly often. It seems to take time to build up friends. We are building, but it is going slowly. There is lots of material out there to post and if you get in a routine, it just doesn't take much time at all out of your week.
randallauto

Post by randallauto »

We have one and use the Mitchell Social CRM to add content to it. I can't always add things as often as I like but the Socail CRM keeps it updated automatically more frequently than I can. We also have the plugin for the reviews that are generated by the Social CRM so they show up on our facebook page. Here is our page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Randall-A ... ?success=1

Food for thought for those of you who don't use social media. My neighbor started a small popcorn business in a local farmers market, within 2 years he moved to a larger brick and mortar building in Lansings historic old town district. He ships popcorn and old time soda pop all over the country now. He plans to open a second location soon and franchise the business within the next 5 years. He recently was awarded the Emerging Entrepreneur award for the Greater Lansing Area. He is on about every one of the social media sites, he tweets blogs and posts videos and check in's constanly. I would be willing to bet his gross profit rivals ours. For reference here is his page (not a bad place to visit if you like popcorn either :wink: ) http://www.facebook.com/cravingsgourmetpopcorn
mulhernsauto

Post by mulhernsauto »

I've never had a strong interest in Facebook and always thought of it as a "young kid" thing. We recently started our shop account and it's still growing. I guess we'll see how to impliment it as a marketing tool as it matures.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

DEVIND52 wrote:Yes we do
Glad to hear it! Thanks for posting here. :wink:
Tim McDonnell -
abauto

Post by abauto »

This is our Facebook site we started a couple weeks ago. Sales and service are both on it.
What do you's think?!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/A-B-Au ... 3097912409
Every day is a gift, not a given right
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Thanks for starting this POLL! Looking good, liked and will see what you're up to from now on. :idea:
Tim McDonnell -
liljoe
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Post by liljoe »

Stellers Garage wrote:
liljoe wrote:Please guide me some one, please.....
Willing to help need to see what you have and how you have it.
After Thursday of next week, I will have decent (I hope) internet at the house and will be able to work on it some. Not sure how to even find it, I listed it under Mayo Service Center. Like said, next week I will have the net at home and have time to mess with it some. I will hollar for help then if you are serious about helping a slower then most redneck work on it....
Working hard to prove the Green Team can do it with the best of 'em.
Always remember: AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES!!
Am I the Only One?- I don't think I am.
The further a society retreats from the truth, the more it hates those who speak it. George Orwell.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

Now that i've decided to remove myself from the physical repair end of the business (as much as i can stand) i've devoted most of my time to dealing with the customers. Gone from a "hi how are you, just leave your keys and i'll give you a call", To spending as much time as needed talking to them. Drives me a bit crazy because i'm not accustomed to it but i'll settle down. I'm starting to consider trying to the best of my ability to deal with Face Book, Yelp, Angie list, Google, hotmail, etc. I'm just way out in right field with this stuff but i'm sure i'll reach a level i can consider successful. I kind of feel like i did when the Foreign cars arrived on the scene (never would work out :lol: ) and the Domestic manufactures started throwing "all that spagetti" under the hood, never thought i would survive that. I still have emotional scars from when Oldsmobile converted gasoline engines into diesels back in the early 80's. I got through that stuff so i'm sure i'll survive this. It's so important for customer retention but i don't feel productive in the sense of being able to start it up and drive it out. :lol: :lol: :lol:
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
dnnstory

Post by dnnstory »

just got back on emails and saw this posted -- so I voted. Yes, we have one. Still working on it (need decent pictures!) It will be a tremendous help to our shop, once we get it rolling. HUGE possibilities -- makes us human. Can put down things like: what community events we participate in, any new equipment, interesting quotes, contests we may run, our shop birthday party pics, etc.

Return to “Polls”