2000 Jaguar XJ8 - 4.0 Timing Chain Tools?

Specific repair issues for other imported vehicles
Grand Point Automotive

2000 Jaguar XJ8 - 4.0 Timing Chain Tools?

Post by Grand Point Automotive »

We have a 2000 Jaguar XJ8 L with a naturaly aspirated 4.0L V8 in the shop with severe missfires on the passenger side cylinders. We have determained it needs timing chain tensioner and possible chains. There is a list of tools needed in order to perform the repair, ie. cam holders, crank holders, etc. Does anyone know if you REALLY need all of them, I know other timing chain jobs you can get around with out using the "specialty" tools. If you do need them, where do I get them?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2000 Jaguar 4.0 timing chain

Post by ricmorin »

Grand Point Automotive wrote:We have a 2000 Jaguar XJ8 L with a naturaly aspirated 4.0L V8 in the shop with severe missfires on the passenger side cylinders. We have determained it needs timing chain tensioner and possible chains. There is a list of tools needed in order to perform the repair, ie. cam holders, crank holders, etc. Does anyone know if you REALLY need all of them, I know other timing chain jobs you can get around with out using the "specialty" tools. If you do need them, where do I get them?
Yes, I would use them. I'm guessing that the Ford cam set will work for this.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
steven kiser

Re: 2000 Jaguar 4.0 timing chain

Post by steven kiser »

make sure you clean all the slugde out of the oil pan. i got a bad feeling about this one.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Imports - Other”