1995 Volvo 850 - 2.3L Turbo Broken TB

Specific repair issues for other imported vehicles
FRONTLINE
25 Club: Starting Contributor

1995 Volvo 850 - 2.3L Turbo Broken TB

Post by FRONTLINE »

I HAVE A 95 VOVLO 850 TURBO. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME TO TEAR INTO A VOLVO FOR ME. AND I'M JUST WONDERING IF I REALLY NEED THE SPECIAL TOOLS FOR THE CAMS AND CRANK LOCKING. I AM A PERSON WHO WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THEM BUT THE TIME FRAME I'M BEING GIVEN, I DON'T REALLY WANT TO WASTE THE TIME LOOKING FOR THEM.

ANY HELP WOULD BE AWESOME.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 1995 VOLVO 850 2.3 TURBO BROKE TIMING BELT

Post by steven kiser »

wait right there. is the belt broken? if so sell them a head along with it. i've never seen a broken belt where the valves aren't bent. as for the tool the best was i can say it is "yes" without it there is really no way of setting the vvt. if the belt isn't broke and only one cam (intake) has vvt you can get away without the tool but you'll run a chance of having a power issue. like i said if belt blew while driving there is a 99.9% chance the valves are bent. i hope you haven't been the shop the person regularly comes to. when i recommend a belt on one of there babies and it's refused i have the customer sign an acknowledgment of the chance that he's taking.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
FRONTLINE
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by FRONTLINE »

THANKS ALOT THATS WHAT I THOUGHT. WE'RE JUST GONNA PUT A SALVAGE ENGINE IN IT SINCE IT PAYS ABOUT THE SAME.
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

slap a belt into that one before you install it. make sure that there is no debris trail in it. we use a bore scope to look internally. it's saved me a few times.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
JBUTITTA
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Re: 1995 VOLVO 850 - 2.3L Turbo Broken TB

Post by JBUTITTA »

Install a rear main seal at this time and follow TSB 21-17. jerry

Return to “Imports - Other”