1998 Isuzu Trooper - No Start At Times, P0351

Specific repair issues for other imported vehicles
tunmore

1998 Isuzu Trooper - No Start At Times, P0351

Post by tunmore »

1998 TROOPER, NO START AT TIMES. OTHER TIMES IT WILL START RIGHT UP. HAVE ONE CODE-P0351. I DONT HAVE MUCH INFO ON THIS CODE. THE PROBLEM COMES AND GOES MAKING TESTING VERY HARD. ANY IDEAS. I KNOW THESE VEHICLES ARE KNOWN FOR BRITTLE WIRING. WIGGLE TEST HAS GOTTEN US NOWHERE......
Jeff @ Able Auto
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Re: 1998 Isuzu Trooper - No Start At Times, P0351

Post by Jeff @ Able Auto »

P0351 has to do with the ignition module. I recently went rounds with a 96 Rodeo along the same lines. I would check for spark and scope the module when ya get it to no start. Now finding a module might be an issue. They used a unique module for several years that is no longer in production. The one I had problems with ultimatly was a short in the harness along the left fender well. Goos luck.
Jeff Fitzgerald - retired
Treasure Coast of Florida
"there will be enough time to sleep when we're dead"
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 1998 Isuzu Trooper - No Start At Times, P0351

Post by steven kiser »

these harnesses are a PANDORAS BOX. if you even move one enough to access the spark plugs it will probably break a lead in the harness. don't even try to repair the harness, it will just keep crumpling internally until it opens a power lead and self destructs. the last one i did it took 3 mos to get it. since then when one comes in or i get a call on i'll tell the customer to donate the vehicle. the harness is one issue but lets not forget the exhaust system that is just as hard to get and costs more than it's weight in gold. do yourself and your customer a favor. set it on fire..... :lol:
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Imports - Other”