2002 Mercedes SL500 - Cluster Strangeness

Specific repair issues for other imported vehicles
Stewart Levy
100 Club: Active Contributor

2002 Mercedes SL500 - Cluster Strangeness

Post by Stewart Levy »

2002 MB SL500
Got a weird one when driving this cluster starts to light the oil level light the brake light and the gas gage goes to empty. Then the the rest of the lights start to come on./ MB says thiers no fix for it $2200. Buys a new cluster that will have to reprogramed By them only. I've traced all the grounds and power feeds. I just can't belive that they don't have a repair program for this! This car has been kept in an A/C controled garage its hole life. 39 K on the clock , GEE WIZards
:(
If they don't know how can they fix it!
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2002 Mercedes SL500 - Cluster Strangeness

Post by steven kiser »

it's a ground issue in the cluster. the board is probably cracked or the connections are dirty. i've seen some where you swear the connections are good and cleaning them resolved the issue. i've seen the boards repaired so i know it's possible.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Stewart Levy

Post by Stewart Levy »

When I use the luanch along side it shows everything great.. Ill try pulling a thrid time and taking it apart to check the board. They (mb) that the can system is what tells the cluster when to light the lights. So I figured that the Mian body ecu was the culprit? But when I monitor it the systems all show Good ILL let you Know when it comes back in!.
If they don't know how can they fix it!
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

good luck. don't you just love these issues that make you second and third guess yourself..............
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Imports - Other”