2003 Mercedes C230 - Hot Misfire

Specific repair issues for other imported vehicles
FRONTLINE
25 Club: Starting Contributor

2003 Mercedes C230 - Hot Misfire

Post by FRONTLINE »

I have a 03 c230 kompressor. Vehicle gets hot and then starts to misfire.

I can shut the car off when it starts to misfire and restart it and the mis is gone for a little bit, it comes back as its driven. The only faults that show are misfires and P2023 manifold pressure sensor. I have replaced the manifold pressure sensor. But when i look up info in mitchell about p2023 it refers to o2 sensor after cat. and theres not even a section for the engine 271. Another scanner pulls fault P108 for pressure sensor.

I guess im having trouble sorting through the info for benz on mitchell. (a lil complicated) Any help or advice on where to start would be greatly appreciated.
prestigeauto
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Re: 2003 MB C230 - Hot Misfire

Post by prestigeauto »

Check vacuum lines to the MAP sensor.
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by steven kiser »

going out on a limb here. is there a possibility that a transmission issue is being diagnosed as an engine skip. i've had transmission issues with other mercedes that would make you think it's a skip. there are a multitude of tsb's that may help. S-49 00-12A an 02 issue, S-14 30-15F air pump relay sticking causing a skip while driving, P-07 00-24 carbon build up on exhaust valves i'd check this out just to be safe. i've had many carbon issues on mercedes engines. i don't think that this is the cause of the issue you're having but something to investigate. people baby these cars and really don't drive them enough. the last one i would look into is P-27 60-43C, this is a transmission shutter. these cars are especially prone to multiple failures and when i resolve one issue on these i make my customers aware that there are many. many other fails that will feel like the one that was just resolved. basically what i'm saying is that once these cars start to show issues it usually domino's. i supply my customers with a list of tsb's just to fortify what i tell them about these cars. rattle issues will take you over the top on these. i've chased them all over these cars and repaired as i went. the customer always says "the rattle is back again" not "another area is rattling". be wise, be careful.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
FRONTLINE
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by FRONTLINE »

WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE TSB NUMBERS? BECAUSE THEY NOT LISTED IN MITCHELL LIKE THAT.

Return to “Imports - Other”