2002 Hyundai Accent - Trans Gurus?

Specific repair issues for other imported vehicles
akfonzy

2002 Hyundai Accent - Trans Gurus?

Post by akfonzy »

I have an 02 Hyundai Accent with a 1.6 and Auto trans thats been eating my lunch. First came in with a leak from the bell housing. Pulled transmission and fount Torq converter leaking. Replaced seal and customer comes back two days later because it was leaking again. Removed transmission and replaced torq converter bushing and seal. Two days later guess what? Well a few sorces told me its most likley due to a stuck valve causing the pump to overpresurize and back feed pressure to the seal.

This transmission will not leak untell its hot. And I believe it only leaks when not moving because there is NO blow back. I removed the lower portion of the valve body looking for anything obvious and all seems well:no binding or sticking valves.

I want to just throw a new valve body at it but this customer dose not want to pay anything more than she already has, and she is very nice and go's to my church "if you catch my drift" so i have to figure this out

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
steven kiser
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: Any Hyundai Trans Guru's?

Post by steven kiser »

you've got a beauty here. tech # int1610306-05. front pump needs to be replaced. there is a long shot it will need a transmission replacement. not sure and it isn't published but i'm reading that if the pump doesn't solve it then it needs an r&r. just skimmed the bulletins but this should give you what you need.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Return to “Imports - Other”