2005 Kia Spectra - Drive Cycle

Specific repair issues for other imported vehicles
Tim Martin
2.5K Uber Ninja Contributor

2005 Kia Spectra - Drive Cycle

Post by Tim Martin »

Where can I find the OBD-II drivecycle so I can do an emissions inspection on this vehicle?

I replaced the rear O2 sensor and need to reset the readiness monitors.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: 05 KIA Spectra Drive Cycle

Post by brianp87 »

CATALYST MONITOR DRIVE CYCLE INSTRUCTIONS•Do not turn off the ignition switch during the test procedure.
•All Onboard Diagnostic Monitors are cleared when the battery is disconnected or when the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) is cleared with the Scan Tool.
•This drive cycle can be used to determine if a Readiness code for this Monitor will run and complete, and if the MIL will remain off after the vehicle is driven.
•Operating Ranges: When a range of values is provided, try to operate the vehicle in the middle of the range. For example, if the vehicle speed range calls for 45-55 mph, drive the vehicle as close as possible to 50 mph. If the engine speed should be 1,000-2,000 rpm, try to operate the engine at 1,500 rpm.
•Scan Tool Data: There are certain Parameter Identification (PID) values that must be within range before this Monitor will "run". It can be helpful to pull up those PID items on the Scan Tool so an assistant can view them during testing.
•The Readiness code for this Monitor defaults to "continuous" or "monitoring" because this Monitor runs continuously when the engine is cranking or running.

CATALYST MONITOR PRETEST CONDITIONS•MIL is off.
•No Emission related DTC's are present
•Battery voltage from 10-16v
•Engine load from 20-70%
•Engine speed less than 2,900 rpm
•Engine running in Closed Loop
•Idle switch indicating "off" (if equipped)

TEST PROCEDURE
1.Connect the Scan Tool to the data link connector (DLC). Use the Scan Tool to clear any stored DTC's and to reset the Onboard Diagnostic Monitors. Bring up the Readiness Code for the Catalyst Monitor.
2.Start the engine and allow it to run at idle until the ECT PID is at least 158ºF.
3.Accelerate smoothly to 50 mph and maintain that speed for 10 minutes. Then decelerate back to idle speed for one minute. Then accelerate back to 50 mph for 5-10 minutes. Then decelerate back to idle speed. Bring the vehicle to a stop in a safe place. Allow the engine to idle, but do not turn off the ignition key.
4.Check the status of the Readiness code for the Catalyst Monitor. It should change to YES. If it does, perform any additional driving under the conditions required to run the remainder of the monitors. If the Readiness code does not change to YES, check for any Pending codes in the Generic OBD II section of the Scan Tool. If no Pending codes are set, and the status did not change to YES, return to step 3 and repeat the test procedure.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

hope it helps
Tim Martin

Post by Tim Martin »

Did you find that in MOD?

I'm wondering how I missed it.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Identifix
Tim Martin

Re: 2005 Kia Spectra - Drive Cycle

Post by Tim Martin »

Thanks for the input. I followed it and got the last monitor to reset.

Am very thankful for the input from you all. Sure helps take some of the stress out of a days work.
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: 2005 Kia Spectra - Drive Cycle

Post by brianp87 »

anytime

Return to “Imports - Other”