TIP: Recommendation Management?

Tips Collected
GROVEST

TIP: Recommendation Management?

Post by GROVEST »

This is my first post here asking a question, so bear with me!

We are looking for a way to review all recommendations for a specific time period. We have two goals.
One is to clean up the recommendations that are not applicable any longer - example would be that the front brakes were done last month, but the recommendation still shows on the customer's vehicle screen.

Two is to follow up on the rec's that still relevant. We do use the SocialCRM program, so I know the reminders go out, but I want to be able to give it a more personal spin. We also use Bolt On - which I know will give me a list of the "revisions" but that may not be sufficient as we do not do revision estimates on every item we recommend.

Is there a report that will list rec's for a given time period? Sorry if this question has been addressed already - I searched the forum but did not find any information on this. Thanks so much for your input.

Jean
Johnny5
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Re: Recommendation management

Post by Johnny5 »

There is in Report Pro, you will also need Microsoft Excel or similar. Under the Marketing section in the reporting list, look for "Export Recommendations". Click on the report, set the desired date range in the lower left and then generate the report by clicking on the button to the right of the Start and End date. Once generated, click on the "Export" button. An "Export Report" dialog will appear. In the lower left of this dialog, enter a descriptive name, then change the "Save as type:" to "Microsoft Excel (97-2003) Data-only (*xls) . You can then open that file with Excel, you can sort, search and identify recommendations sorted by customer and easily identify those customers with multiple recommendations.
John Dwulet AKA: Johnny5
Retired - Mitchell1
John C.

Re: Recommendation management

Post by John C. »

Johnny5 wrote:There is in Report Pro, you will also need Microsoft Excel or similar. Under the Marketing section in the reporting list, look for "Export Recommendations". Click on the report, set the desired date range in the lower left and then generate the report by clicking on the button to the right of the Start and End date. Once generated, click on the "Export" button. An "Export Report" dialog will appear. In the lower left of this dialog, enter a descriptive name, then change the "Save as type:" to "Microsoft Excel (97-2003) Data-only (*xls) . You can then open that file with Excel, you can sort, search and identify recommendations sorted by customer and easily identify those customers with multiple recommendations.
Awesome, thanks!!!
John C.
ColinRit

Re: TIP: Recommendation Management?

Post by ColinRit »

Is it also possible to import recommendations like that?
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

ColinRit wrote:Is it also possible to import recommendations like that?
It's export only. What are you trying to accomplish?
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

GROVEST wrote:This is my first post here asking a question, so bear with me!

We are looking for a way to review all recommendations for a specific time period. We have two goals.
One is to clean up the recommendations that are not applicable any longer - example would be that the front brakes were done last month, but the recommendation still shows on the customer's vehicle screen.

Two is to follow up on the rec's that still relevant. We do use the SocialCRM program, so I know the reminders go out, but I want to be able to give it a more personal spin. We also use Bolt On - which I know will give me a list of the "revisions" but that may not be sufficient as we do not do revision estimates on every item we recommend.

Is there a report that will list rec's for a given time period? Sorry if this question has been addressed already - I searched the forum but did not find any information on this. Thanks so much for your input.

Jean
Although this is an older post, you can now export Recommendations by date range within Manager. Look under the Follow Up tab and you'll see it; the second choice down.
export.PNG
export.PNG (25.49 KiB) Viewed 8200 times
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “NEW >>> TIPS - Database / Settings”