NEW: PartsTech Catalog

Shop Management Software Release News for SE
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

NEW: PartsTech Catalog

Post by timbre4 »

We are pleased to announce the PartsTech multi-vendor parts shopping platform is now available at no charge. Mitchell 1 plans a communication to all customers in early December. This is early access for our sales representatives to get familiar with PartsTech and also an opportunity for customers who want to get started with it ASAP. The setup is quite similar to previous catalogs.

Mitchell 1 Knowledgebase article on PartsTech: https://kb.mitchell1.com/articles/id-1512/

1. First register with PartsTech (https://www.partstech.com/sign-up/create-account)
2. From SE splash screen: Go to Configurations > Toggle Catalog Availability > turn the PartsTech button to ON and click Save
3. Go to Vendor Setup > Add to create a PartsTech vendor record
4. Click on Setup Link and choose <PartsTech Catalog Link>
5. Enter the PartsTech info from registration (back on Step 1) - Username or email address + API Key
6. Click on Connect to complete process, then click OK to close Add Vendor Window.
PartsTech will contact customers after they register to assist with selecting Parts Suppliers by your zip code and/or map area radius
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: NEW: PartsTech Catalog

Post by timbre4 »

Programming note: Our SE splash screen will display a PartsTech message THIS WEEK ONLY (11/28 thru 12/02) and then revert back.
Use the Learn More link to our KB article to see how to get started with them. (Registration process)
PT Splash.png
PT Splash.png (61.16 KiB) Viewed 3376 times
Tim McDonnell -
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by sbebenelli »

I notice when I order through PartsTech it does not eneter the vender letting me know who I ordered it through if needed in the future. It just says PartsTech.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

sbebenelli wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:20 pm
I notice when I order through PartsTech it does not eneter the vender letting me know who I ordered it through if needed in the future. It just says PartsTech.
First, your Order screen has a new column Purchased From; the actual seller is appended to the catalog platform name (PartsTech or Nexpart Multi-Seller)
Purch From.png
Purch From.png (6.31 KiB) Viewed 3313 times
Second, we are currently working on development stories to catch up changes to some SE screens to reflect this new factor.
Tim McDonnell -
sbebenelli

Post by sbebenelli »

That does not show up on the work in history though does it? This is what I see in history unless I'm overlooking something.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-12-09 060803.png
Screenshot 2022-12-09 060803.png (28 KiB) Viewed 3308 times
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

sbebenelli wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:20 pm
I recommend inputting the invoice number to the PO before receiving. That way the invoice number will show on the history part record.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

sbebenelli wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:11 am
That does not show up on the work in history though does it? This is what I see in history unless I'm overlooking something.
It's recorded; you're only seeing a portion of the specific seller here:
PT ven.png
PT ven.png (5.75 KiB) Viewed 3298 times
This is one of the areas we need to look at in SE 8.5.1.
Tim McDonnell -
Daniel Kreider
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by Daniel Kreider »

Just a couple of notes about what i have seen with PartsTech and areas i would be glad to see improved.
I have already reached out to Kenny and Alex at PartsTech about it, but will share here as well.

1. Parts looked up thru Oreilly FirstCall shows correct stock locations when performing a price check. Parts looked up thru PartsTech show local store location instead of actual stock location. (this can be deceiving when planning part ETAs)
PartsTech issue 1.png
PartsTech issue 1.png (35.01 KiB) Viewed 3289 times

2. PO numbers do not transfer from ManagerSE to the vendor thru PartsTech. PartsTech appears to add thier own ambiguous PO#. See clippings below with Oreilly as an example:
This is likely the most time consuming issue; when receiving parts, the PO# is very important to quickly find the PO to receive the parts to.
PartsTech issue 3.png
PartsTech issue 3.png (60.05 KiB) Viewed 3289 times
PartsTech issue 2.png
PartsTech issue 2.png (28.76 KiB) Viewed 3289 times

3. This may be more a formatting issue for PartsTech, but the vendors list at the top of the window is rather large, spaced out and would be improved with smaller icons to click from the main window instead of needing to scroll sideways.

4. Previously stored inventory items do not transfer to the RO as inventory items when transferred thru PartsTech catalog. These same items transfer properly and show on the order as inventory items when added thru the FirstCall catalog.
Possible reason? - Line codes are different when migrated: taking a wix oil filter for example: PartsTech shows line code of BDCS and FirstCall shows WIX
I am beginning to believe that i may need to place all of my stock orders thru the FirstCall catalog for any items that i want to transfer as a stock item (important for maintaining stock quantities)

(I would add more screen shots of examples here, but it appears that the forum maxes out at 3 attachments per post)
ricmorin

Post by ricmorin »

Nice work. I've reported most of the same things so far. The PartsTech PO number is actually their confirmation number. It's listed in the Comments section under Internal notes. The first day I beta tested this I noticed line codes were different for the same part. There's still work to do to polish this, but it's a great start.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders

Return to “SE News”