Manager SE specific technical issues
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: Update 8.5.02

Post by Silky7 »

rhillig wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:07 pm

My service writer & my eyes will thank you for the increased font size! I had updated the machines over the weekend & hadn't said anything. The first thing he said was.....did someone make the font smaller???? I told him his eyes were bad :shock:
Surprisingly enough, it's not smaller, just no longer bold. The WIP is 8.5 point font, and has been for some time. The control referenced above will allow it to go up to 14 (note, this isn't everywhere in the application yet - just the WIP and a few others).
M1 Product Manager
MURRI513
50 Club: Regular Contributor
50 Club: Regular Contributor

Post by MURRI513 »

ShopManTim wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:59 am
megoff wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:24 am
If you right click the column you wish to hide you are able to "Hide This Column"
Ok. So I click a column to hide it but the next time I go to use the WIP screen, that column is back. Extremely annoying. What do I need to do to permanently hide a chosen column?
This morning al my setting on the WIP screen are lost. I've corrected it at least 4 times, shutting the splash screen down each time. that is doing nothing. I changed everything again, & it reverted back to its original setup NOT the way I changed it or want it. It's doing this all by itself, no one else is using the system, and my screen( host computer) hasn't been touched. It is even rearranging the open work orders ( I always keep mine alphabetically). Anybody got any ideas?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

MURRI513 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:00 am
This morning al my setting on the WIP screen are lost. I've corrected it at least 4 times, shutting the splash screen down each time. that is doing nothing. I changed everything again, & it reverted back to its original setup NOT the way I changed it or want it. It's doing this all by itself, no one else is using the system, and my screen( host computer) hasn't been touched. It is even rearranging the open work orders ( I always keep mine alphabetically). Anybody got any ideas?
Apologies for the inconvenience. Please click the Customer column name for instant re-sort for now. Relief is coming soon - this is fixed in the 8.5.1 release slated for mid-January.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
ShopManTim
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by ShopManTim »

timbre4 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:04 am
MURRI513 wrote:
Apologies for the inconvenience. Please click the Customer column name for instant re-sort for now. Relief is coming soon - this is fixed in the 8.5.1 release slated for mid-January.
I am anxiously awaiting for a fix for the issues the current update has been giving us.

Thanks!
Enjoying Life as Our Maker Designed - Wrenching to pay the bills
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

ShopManTim wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:25 am
timbre4 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:04 am
MURRI513 wrote:
I am anxiously awaiting for a fix for the issues the current update has been giving us.

Thanks!
Once the update is available and ready, we will update this post and have it so all you'll need to do is "Help->Check for Updates" within SE.
M1 Product Manager
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

When these issues become resolved, there will be some, perhaps many THANK YOU's for the upgrade! I will be one of them.
SHARKTOOTH

Post by SHARKTOOTH »

JUST A NOTE THAT THE NEW SCREEN FONT IS NOT EASY TO READ. THANK YOU
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

SHARKTOOTH wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:09 am
JUST A NOTE THAT THE NEW SCREEN FONT IS NOT EASY TO READ. THANK YOU
Hi there, yes this is going to be addressed in 8.5.1 this should be available in the next few weeks. Please use Help -> Check for updates within SE. When the update is available you'll be able to find it there.
M1 Product Manager
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

Again, after working ok for a few days, my WIP screen iis back to its many many columns of unwanted and unneeded stuff. Very irritating. The fix cannot come too soon.
Robin at Robs

Post by Robin at Robs »

following..my WIP is also messed up, just looking options to try and fix it
Robin

Firetrucks and NASCAR rule
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

Robin at Robs wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:30 pm
following..my WIP is also messed up, just looking options to try and fix it
Forget about trying to fix it. Until Mitchell comes up with the next upgrade, this seems to be what we are obligated to put up with. No options.
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

The update should be coming out soon in the coming weeks, once it's ready you'll get a pop up on launch about the update being ready.
M1 Product Manager
Robin at Robs

Post by Robin at Robs »

I too am following this thread. I followed your previous post on how to get the WIP columns set back to the way they were. It was working for a few weeks but today it has gone back to the way it was after doing the last updated . ugh . My tech are not happy with the change either which makes for a touch group.
Robin

Firetrucks and NASCAR rule
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

We're working through the update to address these issues now. We're being extra diligent in testing and ensuring everything is functioning. The last thing we want to do is rush this and find out these issues persist.

With that said, does anyone on this thread want to join Ric in our beta testing group? We'll likely have a beta ready in about two weeks.
M1 Product Manager
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

Silky7 wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:57 pm
We're working through the update to address these issues now. We're being extra diligent in testing and ensuring everything is functioning. The last thing we want to do is rush this and find out these issues persist.

With that said, does anyone on this thread want to join Ric in our beta testing group? We'll likely have a beta ready in about two weeks.
Count me in for the beta.
Larry Jackson
Greg's Too Car Care
Fort Smith, AR
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

DynaBMan wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:01 pm
Silky7 wrote:

Count me in for the beta.
Thanks, Larry! Will do.
M1 Product Manager
rhillig
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by rhillig »

We would be interested in the beta as well!
A year from now you will wish you had started TODAY ~ Karen Lamb
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Thanks Becky! We'll let you know when it's close. You'll be testing a new update mechanism in the process as well, and it should be very straight foward.
M1 Product Manager
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by sbebenelli »

I would help out with the beta if you need more testers.
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

Silky7 wrote:

I would be willing to join the beta testing group if needed. Now, this morning, the icons across the top of the screen were mixed up and not in a straight row but rather in 2 rows. It's hard to be patient when things are this way.

Return to “Technical Issues”