Update 8.5.02

Manager SE specific technical issues
Daniel Kreider
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Re: Update 8.5.02

Post by Daniel Kreider »

Please count us in for beta testing. Will there be a mechanism to submit improvement requests ?
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

ShopManTim wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:41 am
Silky7 wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:57 pm
We're working through the update to address these issues now. We're being extra diligent in testing and ensuring everything is functioning. The last thing we want to do is rush this and find out these issues persist.

With that said, does anyone on this thread want to join Ric in our beta testing group? We'll likely have a beta ready in about two weeks.
I would be willing to join the beta testing group if needed. Now, this morning, the icons across the top of the screen were mixed up and not in a straight row but rather in 2 rows. It's hard to be patient when things are this way.
Hey ShopManTim, the row at the top is something that happens by accident. Since the Repair Infor and SocialCRM buttons are part of a different tool bar. I've moved them without even trying to accidentally.
M1 Product Manager
ShopManTim
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by ShopManTim »

megoff wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:08 am
ShopManTim wrote:
Silky7 wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:57 pm
We're working through the update to address these issues now. We're being extra diligent in testing and ensuring everything is functioning. The last thing we want to do is rush this and find out these issues persist.

With that said, does anyone on this thread want to join Ric in our beta testing group? We'll likely have a beta ready in about two weeks.
I would be willing to join the beta testing group if needed. Now, this morning, the icons across the top of the screen were mixed up and not in a straight row but rather in 2 rows. It's hard to be patient when things are this way.
Hey ShopManTim, the row at the top is something that happens by accident. Since the Repair Infor and SocialCRM buttons are part of a different tool bar. I've moved them without even trying to accidentally.
Last evening when I closed the program everything was fine but when I opened up my program this morning is when the icons got moved and of course, the columns were all messed up (again!!!!) got changed.
Enjoying Life as Our Maker Designed - Wrenching to pay the bills
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

ShopManTim wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:19 am
megoff wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:08 am
ShopManTim wrote:

Last evening when I closed the program everything was fine but when I opened up my program this morning is when the icons got moved and of course, the columns were all messed up (again!!!!) got changed.
As previously stated, the toolbar settings will not move unless they are told to do so. 99.999% of the time it's an accidental click which causes the toolbar to move. This has nothing to do with the 8.5.0.2/90 releases.

We are working as quickly as we can to make sure the WIP stays the way users set it. We are working through as many use cases so that we don't have this issue in the future.

We greatly appreciate your patience while we get this corrected.
M1 Product Manager
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Post by ricmorin »

I accidentally move mine all the time. :oops:
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

Daniel Kreider wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:48 am
Please count us in for beta testing. Will there be a mechanism to submit improvement requests ?
Thanks. As for a mechanism to request enhancements or report issues - you're in it. :D
M1 Product Manager
Daniel Kreider

Post by Daniel Kreider »

Silky7 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:15 am
Daniel Kreider wrote:
Thanks. As for a mechanism to request enhancements or report issues - you're in it. :D
Any further updates on the release time of 8.5.1 ?
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

We are testing the 8.5.1 release now. We are expecting the release to come out soon.
M1 Product Manager
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

A little late, but I apologize as I was out of the office yesterday. The beta of 8.5.1 is now available to those of you that volunteered for testing. Our data reflects most of you picked that up and installed already, so thank you!

Please post any issues in this thread for now.
M1 Product Manager
ShopManTim

Post by ShopManTim »

How can I get the download for beta testing? I'll begin this process as soon as I can get it loaded on my computer.
Enjoying Life as Our Maker Designed - Wrenching to pay the bills
rhillig
500 Club: Champion Contributor
500 Club: Champion Contributor

Post by rhillig »

Silky7 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:35 am
A little late, but I apologize as I was out of the office yesterday. The beta of 8.5.1 is now available to those of you that volunteered for testing. Our data reflects most of you picked that up and installed already, so thank you!

Please post any issues in this thread for now.
No issue so far, but have to say MY EYES LOVE the adjustable font!!
A year from now you will wish you had started TODAY ~ Karen Lamb
Silky7
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by Silky7 »

ShopManTim wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:30 pm
How can I get the download for beta testing? I'll begin this process as soon as I can get it loaded on my computer.
We've added your account to the beta list. You can get the download by going to Help > Check for Updates. It should be available to you at approximately 1:30 pm PST.
M1 Product Manager
Daniel Kreider

Post by Daniel Kreider »

Any help for us on downloading? We have no results when checking for updates.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Daniel Kreider wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:42 pm
Any help for us on downloading? We have no results when checking for updates.
Since this is not yet a general release, your account number has to be manually added by M1 for early group access.
I'll have to defer to silky7 for that capability. Apologies that wasn't clear.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Daniel Kreider

Post by Daniel Kreider »

Silky7 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:15 am
Daniel Kreider wrote:
OK, I can wait until we are added but had understood we were to be included in the beta test group from Silky7's previous message (see above)
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

I read that as a specific reply to shopmantim, who specifically asked for access In your previous message, you asked ABOUT the release, but not to be part of the beta. I could be wrong, but that’s how it reads to me.
Tim McDonnell -
Daniel Kreider

Post by Daniel Kreider »

timbre4 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:32 pm
I read that as a specific reply to shopmantim, who specifically asked for access In your previous message, you asked ABOUT the release, but not to be part of the beta. I could be wrong, but that’s how it reads to me.
Timbre4, I am sorry for not making my request clearer and thanks for understanding my reply.
Please include me in the beta test group if that is still an option.
How soon should i expect to be able to download the update ?
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

As I mentioned, I do not have the ability to do this. I believe when Silky7 sees this tomorrow morning.
Tim McDonnell -
Daniel Kreider

Post by Daniel Kreider »

Thanks !
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

Hi Daniel, I'm seeing your account number is apart of the beta group, but also seeing that you're not on the 8.5.0.x release that would allow you get the new 8.5.1 release. We are planning on making the 8.5.1 release accessible for more people later today. Keep an eye on the top of the forum for an updated image about the 8.5.1 release.
M1 Product Manager

Return to “Technical Issues”