100% complete

Discussions for Greeter / Multi-Point Digital Inspection add-on for Manager SE
JPReilly

100% complete

Post by JPReilly »

We have our inspections set up so there is a note section at the bottom of each group. But if the tech does not write something there it never shows the inspection as complete. Is there any way around this other then just typing a space or letter there? I like the note at the bottom of the group because it then places the note at the bottom of the group instead of using the comment section and it being on a separate sheet of paper.
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Re: 100% complete

Post by megoff »

Are you adding an edit box to each group that is labeled "Notes"? If you are, then that's understandable as to why the inspection is not showing as 100% since we're expecting a value being entered to get that portion of the inspection "completed".
M1 Product Manager
JPReilly

Post by JPReilly »

Yes added section labeled notes.... the problem is there isn't always a note to be added... I like the note at the bottom of each section that way if something in the section fails the note is with it instead of on a second piece of paper.... example: tech checks the red box for power steering he can make a note under it that its the pump leaking.... if he uses the comment section already provided it prints out a second piece of paper with the note on it. Makes it hard for the customer to understand what the note is explaining.
JPReilly

Post by JPReilly »

https://psdvi.us/xft3R
Hopefully you can open this link as an example
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

Yes, the example is visible. I've seen customers that have a TextBox like you're using for notes after each inspection item.

Since the DVI is expecting to have an item in the box there's no way to mark it as "complete" without having a note. One way you could get around this would to be using "text replacement" on the device. With text replacement you are able to setup a quick entry for "All Clear", "No Notes", "All Green", etc on the text boxes for each section and then will help complete the DVI progress. Below will be information about how to setup Text Replacement.

On the iOS (iPhone/iPad): click on settings (gray icon w/ gear) > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement > click the + sign in upper right to create new shortcut.

On Android: go to Settings > select System> Click on Languages & Input > Click Advanced > Select Personal Dictionary > Click the + sign in the upper right.
M1 Product Manager
JPReilly

Post by JPReilly »

Will I run into any problems down the road if I'm posting the invoices with incomplete DVIs?
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

No an MPI/DVI without 100% completion will not cause any issues. It's more of an indicator for the shop for the % of completion. This will only show the completion progress on the WIP. As a shop, if you know 80% is a completed DVI without notes on each group then use that as your indication of a complete DVI.
M1 Product Manager
JPReilly

Post by JPReilly »

Ok... thanks for your help
JPReilly

Post by JPReilly »

One last question.... Is there anyway to have the sample inspections not show up on the tablet?
megoff
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by megoff »

There is no way to hide the MPI-Sample templates. I'll get an enhancement request in the list to either have a way to hide them from SE or set a default MPI/DVI on the device.
M1 Product Manager

Return to “ProSpect”