2007 Nissan Armada - Tire Pressure Light

Specific repair issues for Nissan + Infiniti vehicles
kingwoodshell
50 Club: Regular Contributor

2007 Nissan Armada - Tire Pressure Light

Post by kingwoodshell »

Does anyone have a suggestion on a tool for diagnosing a TPMS light for Armadas. Heck how about any make at this point. Your input is appreciated.

Dan
ricmorin
5K Holy Smokes Contributor

Re: 2007 Nisan Armada tire pressure light.

Post by ricmorin »

Although I have no direct experience, I hear the Bartech 400 is a good tool.
Ric Morin - Volunteer Forum Moderator, Shop Owner, ASE Master L1
Motorcar Alternatives, LLC
603-622-6434 x203
www.motorcaralternatives.com

I find my life is a lot easier when I use Special Orders
kingwoodshell

Post by kingwoodshell »

Well thats at least a good start Ric. Thank you sir.
kingwoodshell

Post by kingwoodshell »

Has anyone used the Mitchell 1 TPMS Guide. I've read a little up on this, but would like to know if anyone's used it [is it worth a look].
Rich
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor
4K Ultra Amazing Contributor

Post by Rich »

kingwoodshell wrote:Has anyone used the Mitchell 1 TPMS Guide. I've read a little up on this, but would like to know if anyone's used it [is it worth a look].
Tell me where it is and we'll be looking at it.
Rich Hays
Work 9-11 or 616-696-0020
Being able to get CAPE off a Skew T chart is important in this hobby.
kingwoodshell

Post by kingwoodshell »

Of all places I saw it on Bartec's website. You can't access it but they reference the heck out of it. Here's the link:
http://www.bartecusa.com/tire_pressure_ ... _guide.htm
Let me know what you find out.
kingwoodshell

Post by kingwoodshell »

Just found it available on O'reillys website for $51.00
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Ive got a snapon tool but never had to use it.
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

i use the bartech. now it's just a triggering device that allows either the on board system to calibrate or allows you to diagnose a bad sensor. i am running into tire monitors that need to be reset through a scanner even though my repair programs tell me it needs to be driven to be rest. yesterday we had a 2007 murano. the programs said it had to be driven over a certain speed for a certain time. the tech did it twice and checked the spare and did it again. finally he decided to put the scan tool on it and see if he could reset it that way. another little glitch in some of these systems, at least what i've seen is since i'm near three major transmission towers i seem to have a bit of a difficult time at times :shock: resetting monitors that rely on radio transmissions. i've looked outside and on occasion see trunks pop up and alarms go off. they still try to say radio waves aren't dangerous. there was a lincoln owned by a person that worked across the street and we would see the trunk open during torrential rains and blizzards. it brightened my day.
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
fortknoxx
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor
1500 Club Master Plus Contributor

Post by fortknoxx »

Before you go crazy.... well some of you, check the owners manual for the reset proceedure. I found what was needed for a caddie in the customers owners manual, that was no where to be found in any of the tech references.

now back to to tool. make sure you get a tool which allows you to read battery condition of the sensor. Sealed internal battery in the sensors play games just like regular car batteries with the temp changes.

www.oro-tekusa.com

these are the after market sensors we use on the newer cars for people who have winter and summer wheels. I went to an open house and got to play with the tool. we went out to the parking lot and got real life scenearios. Not just predesigned displays.
T-N-T (Tina Nuse-Tolar)
Gone but not forgotten...Camper Bob's

609-760-7079 Cell
onetonf350

Post by onetonf350 »

I held out for a long time purchasing a tpms tool because there were too many options and I felt like the tool I bought would either be outdated or only do limited applications. I bought the Bartech 400 plus. Make sure it has the plus feature, this will do nissans and hyundais. I've been happy with the tool. It's slowly paying for itself. 9.95-35.00 at a time. When I'm running the counter, I charge customers pretty consistently and they are glad to pay when informed about how these systems work.
Chris Page
Can I get a little bit more of "ME" in the monitor?
503-622-3330
http://www.mthoodautoandtire.com
steven kiser

Post by steven kiser »

this is a prime example of keeping customer happy and in house. something as small as a low tire pressure light may loose or gain a customer. in today's market it doesn't take much to loose a customer. i had a person pull onto my lot with a low tire. we're off the beaten path so i don't see much of this. well out i went and added air to the tire. i noticed that there were no valve caps on the stems. i went to the tire machine and got 4 that were just laying there and put them on. the person was so thrilled that i would take the time to do that and couldn't believe that the shop that services her vehicle would leave them off. she asked for my card and is a somewhat regular customer now. it's always the little things. now, now tina don't go there. :lol:
never argue with a fool, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
kingwoodshell

Post by kingwoodshell »

Sorry I was off yesterday and couldn't respond. 4rth grade field trip with my daughter. Thanks for all the input. Its a great help. I will start looking for a deal on the Bartech 400+. Any ideas what cost range it should be in?

Also Rich, did you find anything on the Mitchell 1 application I mentioned earlier?

Return to “Nissan / Infiniti”