What Needs To be Fixed In ProDemand

Questions and comments about using ProDemand or ShopKeyPro information modules
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Re: What Needs To be Fixed In ProDemand

Post by brianp87 »

For kicks I just tried to look up oil pressure on a 1999 camry and got something different also?
Attachments
mitchell error 2.jpg
mitchell error 2.jpg (179.6 KiB) Viewed 40820 times
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

This but it doesn't offer the spec?

shot of DIAGRAMS tab - not the place for specs
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

"Once the Quick Links sitting on the RH side is further populated (next 60-75 days), fewer trips to the Vehicle Reference will be required. It will be expanded to include Common Specs & Procedures."
You won't have to Search or go to Vehicle Reference when Common Specs is placed there. Perhaps a mockup will help convey this properly:
march.png
march.png (89.23 KiB) Viewed 40814 times
Thanks for commenting Brian, we do want to get this right. Hopefully this helps.
Tim McDonnell -
Sr. Product Market Mgr / Forum Moderator / Mitchell 1 Media Developer
Gary R
100 Club: Active Contributor

Post by Gary R »

ESTIMATOR - Inconsistent locations. One example I can share is Cabin Filter replacement labor. Most of the time I can find it under HVAC>Heater>Cabin Filter. Sometimes it is not there but rather HVAC>HVAC Control Systems. Some examples of the latter is 2013 Hyundai Elantra, 2012 Toyota Highlander, 2007 Toyota Camry. I can certainly adapt to either location, but having a consistent location makes my job go easier.
Gary Radtke
Service Manager
Clavey Auto Service
http://www.claveyauto.com
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Thanks I will share that with editorial; differences like these have popped up in just about any version.

I tend to lean on Search "cabin", "oxy", "o2" so I don't have to remember where it is covered. (but that's just me)
Tim McDonnell -
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

I know they're working on it but my fear is that we will get used to it as it is now then it will change again. I'm just trying to help change cannot happen if no one knows.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

As mentioned in my January 7th post above, the ProDemand Quick Links section is being expanded....NOW not in March! as early as tonight, the new expanded view will be visible in the 1Search window: :wink:
Attachments
quick links.png
quick links.png (152.44 KiB) Viewed 40769 times
Tim McDonnell -
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Good news on ProDemand graphics & diagrams printing as well:
Attachments
printing.png
printing.png (79.56 KiB) Viewed 40768 times
Tim McDonnell -
jace241
25 Club: Starting Contributor

Post by jace241 »

Since this newest version of prodemand opens repair info in that extra "window" things are little difficult. When you are reading repair info and it says see figure ## and you click on that figure number it opens it in the same window. No big deal. Until you click the previous link you were on to go back it starts you over again at the beginning of the repair article. You essentially lose your place. Seems like small issue but on some of these you have to scroll through a lot of info to get the place you need. Other than that I think like it.'

I do wish you would bring back the Tech Tips in the repair info. That was a serious life saver sometimes
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

jace241 wrote:Since this newest version of prodemand opens repair info in that extra "window" things are little difficult. When you are reading repair info and it says see figure ## and you click on that figure number it opens it in the same window. No big deal. Until you click the previous link you were on to go back it starts you over again at the beginning of the repair article. You essentially lose your place. Seems like small issue but on some of these you have to scroll through a lot of info to get the place you need. Other than that I think like it. I do wish you would bring back the Tech Tips in the repair info. That was a serious life saver sometimes
I asked the ProDemand team to comment on your post and they provided this:

"You’ll need to use the breadcrumb trail in the window to navigate backward a step, instead of jumping back to the beginning. Here is a blog that talks about using and navigating bread crumbs": http://mitchell1.com/shopconnection/sav ... b-feature/

"As for the Tech Tips, value noted. We’ve got a number of features and initiatives on the to-do list so we cannot commit to adding that back in at this time."
Tim McDonnell -
sbebenelli
750 Club: World Class Contributor
750 Club: World Class Contributor

Post by sbebenelli »

I agree with the tech tips. I have found nice shortcuts with those and other useful information. I cannot fathom why Mitchell would remove that feature.
jace241

Post by jace241 »

timbre4 wrote:
jace241 wrote:Since this newest version of prodemand opens repair info in that extra "window" things are little difficult. When you are reading repair info and it says see figure ## and you click on that figure number it opens it in the same window. No big deal. Until you click the previous link you were on to go back it starts you over again at the beginning of the repair article. You essentially lose your place. Seems like small issue but on some of these you have to scroll through a lot of info to get the place you need. Other than that I think like it. I do wish you would bring back the Tech Tips in the repair info. That was a serious life saver sometimes
I asked the ProDemand team to comment on your post and they provided this:

"You’ll need to use the breadcrumb trail in the window to navigate backward a step, instead of jumping back to the beginning. Here is a blog that talks about using and navigating bread crumbs": http://mitchell1.com/shopconnection/sav ... b-feature/

"As for the Tech Tips, value noted. We’ve got a number of features and initiatives on the to-do list so we cannot commit to adding that back in at this time."
If they are talking about the blue links that get longer with everything you open then that's what I am using to navigate backwards. When I get some time ill get some pictures.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

If you are already using this method (breadcrumb trail) to back up, you're doing it right.
Tim McDonnell -
jace241

Post by jace241 »

Heres the first two pictures
Attachments
Second.png
Second.png (212.53 KiB) Viewed 39457 times
Third.png
Third.png (244.87 KiB) Viewed 39457 times
jace241

Post by jace241 »

So this only happens when I access the repair info by using the search function then clicking on the remove and replace hot button. The pictures didn't stay in the order I uploaded them, but in one picture is the installation procedure, then I click on any of the hotlinks, it goes to the image, torque spec etc... When I click at the top where you can only see the blue Remove it takes me back to the very beginning of the repair info.

I noticed it will not do this if I click and use Search Classic.

Its not a big deal until you get to some Manufacturers where the repair info you need is part of the engine overhaul main article.
Attachments
Third.png
Third.png (244.87 KiB) Viewed 39457 times
sbcauto

Post by sbcauto »

I Find Looking Up Things For Rear Axles (or Front Axles) Not Clear as To which is Front & rear. I Was Looking Up To Find A Left rear Axle Seal On A 2009 Expedition. Had to Go To Parts & Look A Pictures Before I Could Find Which Is Front Differential Axle Seal & which is Rear Differential Axle Seal.
Thanks
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

sbcauto wrote:I Find Looking Up Things For Rear Axles (or Front Axles) Not Clear as To which is Front & rear. I Was Looking Up To Find A Left rear Axle Seal On A 2009 Expedition. Had to Go To Parts & Look A Pictures Before I Could Find Which Is Front Differential Axle Seal & which is Rear Differential Axle Seal.
Thanks

True labor times are difficult to sometimes distinguish on differentials as to which is front and rear.
jace241

Post by jace241 »

brianp87 wrote:
sbcauto wrote:I Find Looking Up Things For Rear Axles (or Front Axles) Not Clear as To which is Front & rear. I Was Looking Up To Find A Left rear Axle Seal On A 2009 Expedition. Had to Go To Parts & Look A Pictures Before I Could Find Which Is Front Differential Axle Seal & which is Rear Differential Axle Seal.
Thanks

True labor times are difficult to sometimes distinguish on differentials as to which is front and rear.
THIS!
I wish they would seperate front differential and rear differential catagories in labor.
timbre4
System Guru / Moderator
System Guru / Moderator

Post by timbre4 »

Like this? It's done at the category level not the component level.
Attachments
diffs.png
diffs.png (42.15 KiB) Viewed 39302 times
Tim McDonnell -
brianp87
3K Time Lord Contributor
3K Time Lord Contributor

Post by brianp87 »

Here is one I just looked up. 2011 F350
Attachments